Not turned on my heat yet

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Jan 24, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I have yet turned on my electric heat in my apartment! I'm on the bottom floor, two apartments on each side, one in front and windows on the West side of my apartment. It has gotten no les than 62 degrees in here.
    I do use a electic heater, but it isn't the greatest. WORKS FOR ME THOUGH!:big_smile: I CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY. At this time last year, I was paying $130+ for my electric. So far I haven't broke $#100.
    GO ME!

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Cool, I never thought about doing that, LOL!!!
    Let your neighbors heat your house, LMAO!!!

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Exacty! But you being a farmer, I don't think your neighbors can heat your home.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I wonder what would happen if your neighbors did the same thing, LMAO!!!

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great idea! Anybody know who's got 1/8 mile camo extention cords on sale? :crazy:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    like me. i got heat house is 79 and shop now says 74. but i heat with

7. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is a good plan.LOL

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Some people DO steal electric and electric meters. My nephew in Charlotte was a victim for several months, until they caught them.

Glad you haven't had to use your heat, but I bet if it was in the single digits, like it's gonna be here tonight, you would! Brrrrrrr. I think the Arctic blast finally hit us today, but it's suppose to be 50 degrees on Mon. What they don't tell you is it will only last 10 mins. :smile2:

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    These people in Texas turn their heat on if it gets below 65 at night.
    We are supposed to have freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning.
    We sleep with a fan on and the ceiling fan on during the night.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I just keep feeding that wood stove.I stay warm cutting wood, toting it, and burning it.I like it.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    there saying -6to 8 here tonight. -18-20 wind chills. ill be burning the heck out of them old trees. 1.3 now.

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    It's been in the single digits here and still didn't turn heat on. It was 63 in here this morning when I woke up and 11 degrees outside.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The only heat I use is a kerosene heater. I haven't turned the gas furnace on in almost 3 years. I also use a small space heater in the PC room and we stay warm. We don't use any heat at all at night when we go to bed either. Have a great comforter and body heat to keep us warm...:wink::smile2:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

No joke Cheryl. Most of the time I feel like I'm in a freezer with a malfunctioning defrost cycle.....

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats good stay warm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John you make it sound like your still on the Honeymoon.:smile2:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

We've been together almost 6 and a half years.....That ended a long time ago....:wink::roll_eyes::smile2:
    Molly our little 15-16# Terrier Mix 'Molly' usually sleeps between us or snuggles right up to one of us. When Regina works early and I'm still sleeping Molly will snuggle close as she can to me. Call me a softie, she is great and keeps me warm...:wink::smile2:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man whats k-1 cost a gal now? thats why i went to wood. it was $3.89 a gallon in 04 when i started my shop up. it was costing me $40-$60 week to sit out here. got a wood stove and liked the heat so much i got one for house. k-1 was way to high for me.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Same now, $3.89 a gallon. We don't use a whole lot and its a lot cheaper than running a forced air gas furnace all the time. Along with the Stove and Hot Water tank it'd be a lot more on the gas bill. This house is pretty well insulated also. I've also got a little assistance for the kero, a little bit helps out.