Not The Man

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catsss, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Catsss

Catsss New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Had a little time to kill one day so I went to lock #26 on the Mississippi { which I live close to} to see if anybody was catching anything. When I got out of my truck some of the people fishing started reeling in their lines and stoped fishing. At first I didn't think much about it untill several folks had done this. When I walked down to the bank and spoke to one of the guys still fishing he looked at me kind of funny and ask " are you a game warden"? I said no , why do you ask? He laughed and said " what you are wearing made a lot of people think you are". I had on a tan shirt, dark green pants,boots and was wearing a light brown cap with a logo that said U.S. on it. I hadn't thought anything about it when I dressed but I could understand why some thought I was The Man, especialy when I was driving a brown 4x4 f350 truck.

2. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got a chuckle out of this.

Until I thought of something...

How many people were breaking the laws there that they stopped fishing?!?

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Kinda what I was thinking!! When the game warden aproaches me I try to signal him as to where my lines are so he won't get his prop caught up in them. Anyone that is fishing legaly has nothing to fear from these folks.

4. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Sounds to me like you have found a way to get a good fishing spot LOL

5. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to agree with J.W. and Curtis on this one!:lol:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Typical attitude in this country any more. The rules are for someone else not for me.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's exactly what I was thinking! LOL! When a game warden approaches me, I usually grill them about what's being caught, and where. They usually have good info, and they don't lie like some of the snobby fishermen.

8. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Well put kat. Game wardens can be a fountain of info. If your doing nothin wrong you have nothin to fear. Most of the time they will stand around and shoot the bull with us.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    guess that makes 3 of us :lol: and yeah they have good info i spent an hour talking to one while fishing for cats one day even told him of the BOC and to come join the fun but he said he didnt fish :lol: a biologist that doesnt fish

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea I like them to come where I am you can learn a lot from them if you ask I don,t think I have ever had one rude when he's checking you he's only doing his job