Not the brightest thing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, May 6, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have done some bonehead things in my life, But this one I got hurt.I went fishing Monday and tore them up.I hit the river at 11:00 AM and home by 2:00 PM. I had four flatheads and three blues.I cleaned my fish,and was getting ready to take the guts to the dumpster.Okay this is whare the dumb part comes along.I pulled the garbage bag out of the garbage can and it swung out and hit my leg.AHHHH!! You guessed it, I got poked, the fin went in maybe 3/4 of an inch.by the time I got to the house I had blood running into my shoe.This morning I can barley walk.But if anyone in mid Tennessee wants to go fishin PM me I think I can still fish.
    smokey

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Wow Joe that`s crazy, I guess dead catfish can hurt you.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yep that can get really infected and all, be careful! Sorry that happened to ya but glad you caught a lot!

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Joe, srry to hear about your puncture. Hurts don't it? Kinda burns.

Here's what ya do to. Joe take a 10" Bowie knife. Crosshatch the puncture wound like it was a cottonmouth bite. Get your wife to suck the poison out. Bandage it with Carbosalve and take a walk. Will be as good as new in 2 1/2 days. You can fish during this whole time, it takes your mind off that redness in your leg.

Joe, sometime I got to ask you a personal question. As regards your professional life, (I.E, your previous job). Don't know when I will poke at you about it, this is just a heads up.

Just teasing above Joe. Keep a close eye on it. John.

6. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Simlar thing happened to me last year smokey.
    I was out fishing the river in the middle of the night and came pulling in at around 2 am, tied the boat to the dock, filled my big dip net with the nights catch (6 cats in the 5 to 6 lbs. range), step one foot on to the dock and the net got snagged on the trolling motor, the net stop and I didn't and ran my ankle right into a barb. ooch!
    The skins thin on the ankle and the barb when though the nerve and into the bone, my foot was swollen for 3 weeks and the wound still had not healed, before I went to the Doc's and he went in and removed the barb that was still in there.

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, I did as you told me, I used my buck knife.asked my bride to suck it.she walked over to my wound, looked at it and says.
    " sweetie I think your going to die"
    smokey

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    that sounds like it could hurt pretty bad. I hope it heals fine and you will be back at it in no time.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hope it heels up quick for ya Joe and doen't get infected. If it was that deep in there watch it close. If it don't start feeling better in a couple days or starts to hurt worse I'd go get some antibiotics early as a precaution.... take care buddy.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    How`s the leg coming along Joe ?

12. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    UPDATE on my leg.The wound it self is donig fine.the pain has all but gone away.when it happened it felt like someone had heated a neddle and stuck in my leg,it burned about half a day.It didnt swell up and Im a little dissapointed.I hate it when the wound hurts more then it shows.I did get out of going shoping thou. Thankx for the well wishes.
    smokey