Not sure if this classifies a nutroll....but

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Aug 9, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Nessie and I fished the Riverbend tourney yesterday. The boat left the house at 10am.

A quick tourney summary:

1) Caught plenty of bait
    2) Gave rat and stitch aforementioned bait
    3) Gave rat and stitch oil
    4) Caught plenty of fish in the first couple of hours during the heat
    5) Realized our makeshift tubs weren't very good at keeping fish alive in heat
    6) Changed water in makeshift tubs over 100 times
    7) Had to release a few fish because they weren't going to make it
    8) Didn't catch a fish after sun down
    9) Didn't win squat

Now for the nutroll..... After fishing our eyes out all day and getting home at 2:30am, I took a shower and hit the hay at 3am. If you have fished something like this, you know how tiring it can be with all the activity. Didn't even have time to eat a sandwich during the tourney time. Well, Bo Grayden wakes up at 3:30am for his feeding. I drew the short straw since I spent all of my marriage capital getting the day off to fish. Anyway, Bo Grayden decided he would go and begin his day after the feeding. It was play time!!! In fact, it was play time for the next 8 hours...... :crazy:Ugghhhh!!

He decide to catch a quick nap from noon to 1:30, so I gotta few winks. All I have to say is wow.... I'm beat.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont know that I am qualified to make the call on this one'

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'd be disqualified on this one.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Greg, thanks again for being so gracious.....Your kindness is only exceeded by your good looks and ability to work well with others.:wink:​

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO

Funny....especially the good looks part. Glad to help

Btw, did you notice how Ryan and Nessie were sizing each other up yesterday. The tension was undeniable. I suppose there is only so much room for beautiful people at a catfish gathering.

For those of you who weren't there, "two bucks during the rut" would be something to compare it to.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Greg souds like u had a very interesting day ,nite an day .would u do it again to get to fish a tourney ?:wink::smile2:

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO

Without question.....

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You are not right Greg. :eek:oooh::smile2:

I had a blast at the tournament, Swamp and I found a bunch of fish but we just couldn't find our big fish. We did have a couple good ones get off "our ones that got away stories" but just couldn't get the job done. I think I was to blame, I got some crazy ideas in my head and got us off of our plan. But we still had fun even with all of our wild nutrolls. We did manage to re-distribute the mushy bannanna back into the Russ craft that was so thoughtfully placed in our boat by Nanner. That plan backfired, thanks to a tip from a really nice informant.:wink: It was great seeing everyone again and shooting the sheet. Congratulations to all of the winners and I look forward the seeing you all again this month at the Gateway Classic in Crystal City.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That is some funny funny sheet right there!!!! LMAO!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats to the winners and ryan just check for nanners before u leave next time:smile2:

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Oh we did and Swamp did a nice job of hiding it in Russ's boat before he and Cuz left. The following conversation took place 4 hrs later.

Cuz: Man we haven't even had a nibble!

Swamp: You might want to take that Nanner that I hid out of your boat then.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Cuz: f^&& moth#%##% *%^&*& #!#$!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Who's this "Cuz" person you are referring to?:wink:

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: Ole Swamp is SLYYYY!:smile2:

15. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I know he sits back and waits for the right time to strike:smile2::smile2:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I wanna know who Ratted me out? :smile2:

An I knew something was wrong. I wasnt kidding when i said we hadnt even had a nibble. No sheet, we didnt have a rod tip bounce one time, AT ALL. Nothing,zilch. Once the nanner was tossed out, BAM, Russ catch's a fish.

So when did yall get it in there? i was watching you both like a hawk, and Swamp had that sheet eatn grin on his face, thats why you both were frisked :smile2: He must have already done the deed by then. :cool2:

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Ah!! What would we do without friends? Life would surely be miserable. :cool2::wink::smile2:

18. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Nanner,
    Remember me holding a Hardees cup? It didn't have soda in it! It was all nanner!:smile2:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Excellent Cover! As hot as it was, EVERYONE had drinks. I'll have to add that to my bag of tricks :smile2:

20. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats a good one swamp ill have to remember that one:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: