Not so good report!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by lovetocatchcats, Feb 23, 2006.

1. lovetocatchcats

lovetocatchcats New Member

State:
    NC
    Well here in NC you can fish in your county with no license. So after it raining all morning and me and my brother not being able to work we decided to go to the cape fear river. Well i loked and looked online to try to find what county the lock and dam was in. I looked to make sure it was still ok to fish in your county with live bait. with payday tomorrow i didnt have the $10 to get a license so we wanted to stay in our county.
    So we get set up (no one arond cept a little durango) in the parking lot. we were like hell yeah, all to ourself! Well 15 min later here comes the gooffy looking guy in uniform. He asked a bunch of questions in which we were all nice and stuff. Come to find out we were maybe 1-2 miles past the county line. I got me a big fat sweet $145 ticket.
    I pre edited many many things i wanted to say in this post. If your a fisherman I'd be glad to here from you on your stories from those guys who dont have anything better do! If your one of those goofs please dont reply in my thread.

2. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    OUCH!!

But, rules are rules.

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    The man was just doing his job... and your $10 fishing permit is cheap.. $17.50 here and $11.00 for a trout stamp.. sorry about your luck though..

4. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds to me like you could have saved $135 by just buying the fishing license:confused:

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    It does suck, but the guy really was just doing his job. Think about how it would be out there if we didnt have them to enforce the rules on the water. I mean there are plenty of looney tunes out there that dont know how to act and are just plain unsafe.....or just plain ignorant.

I am sorry you got a ticket but as someone else said, rules are rules. Sometimes we make a mistake and break a rule and have to pay the consequences....I'm not saying that some of them dont go overboard, because around here there sure are alot of them that are just plain corupt.

Zakk:)

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    like what was said before rules are rules and the ranger is just doing thier job what they are paid to do. to stay within the rules of the no fishing license needed bit you are the one that is responsible for making sure your not over the county line. I myself though never heard of any place that allows you to fish without a license except on certian days.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    $10 for a liscense! geez! we havent seen those prices in ohio in 25 years! we're up to $19 now.

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    license here is 38 + lol

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think a Kansas licence is $18 not sure, I got My lifetime hunting and fishing for Christmas last Year!!!!

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i agree rules are rules. i got a ticket one night while running my dads dogs. we where just running them no guns but the land was game land. this land could only be hunted mon. wed. and sat. we where there tuesday night and had not turned any dogs loose at this point it was 11.30pm when the man showed up and pulled us. we had all the dogs in the box. he did not see any dog loose and still gave us a ticket. when he was done it was 12.10am. we turned the dogs loose right there. we could have beat it in court for sure but it would have cost more to beat it, so we paid it. im not sure about this but i was told that any fines from a game warden go to the county instead of the wildlife dept.

11. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    In tn it is up to 28 dollars if I am remembering correctly. But like was said he was just doing his job.

12. lovetocatchcats

lovetocatchcats New Member

State:
    NC
    Wel li m aty time drunk and agree but i cut trees for a living and if we did our job like our power company wants every6day we would get sued atleast every oither day! Maybe we should slay every tree and just tell the customers y"screw yourself" . but njever mind erase if im out ofl line.

13. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i recon in tennessee you can still fish in your home county without a liscense under certain conditions. i think it is live bait only but as they say rules is rules. couple of years ago my brother in law was fishing a small river not more than 40 feet wide. along comes a game warden and writes him a ticket. really don't think i ever got the full story but the creek was the county line in the area and he was on the wrong side.

14. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Yeah, I had one come up to me yesterday while I was trying to net shad at the spillway. I had my license, so no big deal. He was however, obviously looking to write me a ticket. Asking me what I was trying to net, to get me to say the wrong thing etc. Oh well I can't say I wouldn't like to have his job....

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

$25.00 here in Oklahoma. I haven't gotten my license yet this year either, but, then again, I won't fish without one, even though we have a provision that would let me in certain circumstances.

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I don't see why he could not of written you a warning. Spend the 10 and call it square.
    Bill

17. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    How about this one. A couple of years ago I was gonna go out and do a little fishing one evening. I had bought my hunting/fishing license for the year. However, I bow fish and have two seperate tackle boxes. My license, of course, was was in my bow fishing box at home (just my luck) Ok, so far your gonna say, "rules are rules, have your license with you" and I agree. So, I am leaving the marina in my dads jon boat and the Illinois water police stop me. No problem. I produce everything they want to see and thought I would shortly be on my way. Well, they see the two fishing poles laying in the bottom of the boat and said, "Are you going fishing?" and I said yes. They wanted to see my fishing license. So I hunted for about 5 minutes through my stuff, still thinking I had it with me. I finally said I didn't have it and they said they were going to write me a ticket. I said, "I'm not fishing yet! How about I just turn around and go back in and find my license? " They said no, they were writing me a ticket. After he wrote me the ticket, I asked if I could still go fishing and he said sure!!! I can see if I had lines in the water or something, but I was not fishing yet!!! It was my dad's boat, and he doesn't fish. What if my poles were just in the boat and HE had taken the boat out? Would they have given him a ticket for not having a license? Well, anyway, I photocopied my license and sent it with a letter explaining what had happened to the prosecutor in Pittsfield, Ill. and he let me out of the ticket. I try to stay on the correct side of the law, but to me, this was just a bunch of B.S.!!!!!! From now on, when I buy by license I pay the 2.00 for an extra copy and keep one with my bow fishing stuff, and one with my rod and reel fishing stuff!:) Problem solved.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Personally I have respect for game wardens, he was doing his job.

19. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I have always got along with them,and have gotten alot of help from them,but i'm sure not all of them are so helpful

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Where is Big George?!?! I can't believe your attitude when it was you that broke the law. Now I have been known to bend the rules a little, but if I get caught I ante up and don't whine about it to others. Unfortunately, I won't excuse you because you are drunk. Were you drunk when you drove to the fishing hole? Were there no signs at the county line? The warden is paid to keep us safe from goofs like you. The thing that bothers me is that you have the audacity to post this publicly and take zero responsibility for your actions.
    This type of action is not what we at the Brotherhood of catfishermen are about. I hesitated even posting her but because we are a brotherhood i decided to respond as if I were your older brother. Wake up there fella. I believe you are a good person at heart and I know what $145.00 means to a guy when at the end of the week he doesn't have the ten dollars for the license. That said, YOU made the decision to fish illegaly. Therefore you don't have the right to complain when you have to pay the piper. I hope you have learned from this experience, but I suspect when you read this you will think to yourself who the heck does this guy think he is talking to me this way? Well, like I said, I am a guy that has bent the rules from time to time, but when caught, pay my debts. I may grumble, but I know whose fault it is, and I have never in my adult life cursed the one whose responsibility it was to enforce the law. They are just doing their job, which I couldn't do based upon this kind of respect, or lack thereof so predominate in todays society.