Not so awesome trip for bait

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Jun 6, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ok..so my wife, kids, father, mother in law and my self were supposed to go to lake leon yesterday and catcha ton of perch for bait. supposed to leave out at the same time. i get off work at 5 and by the tiem i get to my mother in laws house, my dad and her had been on the lake for 4 hours. well they had the truck and were supposed to take all the poles and buckets and all that jazz..well they took their poles and a tackle box.. so that put me in a predicament with my wifes car(1999 mirage) with 6 poles, 5 gallon buckets, 3 kids, and all the other necessaries..well to solve the problem i went and borrowed my friends truck and loaded everything and everyone in it(2 hours behind schedule) and headed out there..started catching a few gills and my dad caught several bass and a rogue crappie. about 8:20 6 or 8 cars of kids pull up right on the water 30 yards from us and start blaring heavy metal something or other and chunking rocks and starting a camp fire. i decided i had enough of that so i jsut prematurly packed up and we headed home.. not 4 miles from the lake the truck shuts off and goes BOOOM!! and wont start back up. sent the kids and wife home with the mother in law and sat there and waited on my buddy to come and get me so we could decide what to do with the truck. hour and a half later he shows up 3 deep ina reg cab silverado...we diagnose the problem as ignition control module and call our other buddy up (at midnight) to open up the aprts store to get us one(THANKS RAYRAY). on the way there we borrowed my friends moms lincoln so we didnt have to ride 40 miles in the bed.. well RayRay jumps in with us at the parts store and comes back out...well the battery was now dead on the truck after we replaced the module so we went to jump start it with the Lincoln...guess what?..the lincoln is now dead too..5 dudes at 1 in the morning on a desolate country road :smile2:..yeah you can imagine how many people didnt stop. so we called another friend out to jump off the lincoln(he only had to drive 25 miles) one way. so we get teh lincoln started and now the truck wont start..still..now no fire from the coil..awesome..we locked it up and came home..bout 3 am..i was at work at 7:15 and Ray Ray was already at work and my buddy that owns the truck got here at 8:50..hell of a night..oh yeah my gills are in the bed of the truck right now with no air on them..excellent...

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    As far as the fishing went. it went well...fish were hitting everywhere but the party that set up on top of us just rubbed me raw and had to get out of there lol

maybe i can sneak off over there tonight:wink: