Not Quite Ready To Quit Yet .....

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Feb 2, 2009.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well, pulled most all of traps today ... most rat/mink traps and all of beaver sets .... still have 1 rat set and 3 mink sets out ... just enough for me to get out of bed each day and get some exercize .....

Got another nice male mink today along with a good rat .... I have been shooting for 20 mink this year and now at 19 so one more will do that ... the rat total is at 68 ....

Mink, Muskrat and beaver season is still in until the 28th of February, so will see what the thaw and weather brings ... calling for rain next several days followed by unseasonably warm next week. Thinking will probably have high water ....

Garry-

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Garry,You have had a very decent season. Good job.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I smell what you're stepping in, Garry. This morning I was going to pull all of my sets off one place, because I'd already caught 7 cats there this year. I got to my last 2 sets, and one of them had cat tracks all over it, but he'd missed my pan...... there was even cat hair on my bait post.... hmmmm...... The second one had a skunk in it, but there was 2 sets of cat tracks in the dusty road going by the skunk. Hmmmmm.... Okay, I'll leave those 2 traps for ONE more night. I still have 4 sets at a different spot that I'm checking. There's a few spots over there that I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't catch a cat in them.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I know that feeling Jerrod .... the trap I got the mink in today was the 6th mink caught in that trap this year and 3 more were caught less than 50 yards away ... I hated pulling that trap, but it is 15 miles from home and I couldn't see running that far for one trap ..... Garry- :sad2:

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

only a week left here,only got two dozen sets left out pulled the rest.trying to pick up some more cats before its all over