not quite domesticated...

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by baitchunker, Oct 17, 2008.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    allright doc, i reckon you could consider me an almost domesticated wild a$$. part husband, part father, part harryballz.

i got a young punk working for me now, as well as an older fella. both marine's. one is on his first enlistment, the other enlisted in 79. the latter recently finished an 8 year hitch in the local prison system. the young buck talks smack to the old buck about strength. they armwrestle. old buck wins. old buck challenges me. i win. he challenges me again, i win. he challenges me again... this time something-s pop very loudly in my elbow, and now my forearm-elbow-and wrist have been throbbing for days.

what the hell is wrong with me, and how do i fix it? preferably without going to the doc. i got good insurance and plenty of work i could do "light duty", but i dont wanna lose our monthly safety bonus.

any advice?

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Of origins and insertions. Kinda like your family tree. Where you originated from and who did the insertion and to whom.

You have simply torn something JD. Hopefully it is muscle fiber and not ligamentous. Most muscles to the elbow end in or begin in ligaments. Either from the shoulder to the elbow or the elbow to the wrist. At the elbow joint you have ripped something. Blood and serum have poured into that area and it hurts. Like a twisted ankle when you jump out the boat to shore. Hopefully it is just your triceps (that part of your upper arm you flex to impress women, as opposed to other muscles you flex to impress women). If you tore at insertion or origination involving a ligament that is more of a probelm. Think of football players knees. Takes longer to heal.

Have Amy mow the lawn and do other chores until you feel better. Call the boss and tell him you want off for two weeks like a real Democrat. Won't interfere with drawing down on a deer though.

Later, John.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks. whatever it is that tore, it is on the lower side of the elbow. more towards the wrist. i was worried you might say ligaments. but at least you didnt say tendons.

no worries though. i will just put on my roller skates for a while. that way i will breeze through things and get back on track.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chunk now you have to use the other arm to lift them cold ones and it aint gonna taste the same ......yer usin the wrong hand:eek:oooh:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I agree w/kenny you have to switch hands sometimes, but the beer will still go down, just slower till you stop missing your mouth everytime you pick up the can, just get you one of those hats w/ 2 beerholders on the sides & straws , and stay on easy street for a while( collect the bonus and buy more beer)