Not meant to be

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ever want to do something really bad and it seems like everything just works against you .
    Our weekend has been like that. We have spent the better part of all our free time for three weeks preparing for The Shiver on the River,the boat was broken ,we got her fixed. Bait was low so we caught bait. All the poles needed relined for the monsters south of Cinncy,circles rounded up from various baitshops,a few more pounds of lead melted for sinkers, then god has a laugh and the river rises to the point of cancellation. Depression sets in and we attempt to hold it at bay with a Saturday trip to Gallipolis.
    No fishing was never a option for this weekend, it has been too long since we have fought a fish. Hooked the boat up Friday night to grab some bait, put in at Paint Creek Lake to grab some fresh shad. Like to never got the boat off the trailor as the water was below the ramp and we backed into the lake which never had enough slope. Finally got her off and backed into the lake where she died and never ran for more than two minutes though we spent more than two hours in the twenty degree temps and wind ,adjusting and pulling and cleaning plugs , which I was sure was the problem.No luck so we packed her up and went home.
    Like I said ,not fishing is not a option,Saturday morning we went and got plugs and some sea foam. Started to leave NAPA and the truck would not start. Got a ride home grabbed Drews truck and went back to town to work on mine. Took three hours before we figured out the glow plug controller had lost its ground. Headed home and Drews truck suddenly ruptures a brake line and he loses all his brakes,continues home with his emergency brake. Got Drew's truck home went back to town to get parts for his truck. He worked on his truck and I work on the boat . Too late to fish so we plan to hit the lake the next morning then staight to the river.
    Go home set down ,phone rings and it is Drew, have to go get his wifes car becuse she blowed the rear wheel cylinders on her way home. Delay time of departure,to fix her car . Get it tore down go to get parts and spend all morning going from store to store hunting parts.
    So no fishing was a option, and gods laugh turned out to be a blessing in disquise. If we had went to the shiver and the boat and truck had broken four and a half hours from home life would have been really bad..

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about it man. Glad to hear no one was hurt with brakes rupturing and all. I am sure you will get on the water soon enough. I think a few members from Ohio have been having bad luck lately. These things go in cycles, and I am sure when you get out on the water again you will land a PB or do something great for all of your troubles and suffering.

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    I was wondering about you gettingthe boat on
    paint creek. I bet that was more of a chore than anything else.

The bad luck will leave soon. Might have been a blessing in disguise though.

4. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    glad to hear you made home safe ,,,,

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your guy's ordeal with the vehicles. Glad you are all safe though. Our vehicle took a crap on us last night as well. Ol'lady and daughter was at Rite Aid Pharmacy about 3 blocks from home. Truck died on her and would not start. Called Jason454ci who lives about a 1/2 mile from me. Came down and looked it over. Turned out the water pump took a crap and took the timing belt with it.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man, thats some bad luck! Sorry to hear about it. Glad you made it home safe though. rollo

7. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    The aggravation of it is the worst, why can't vehicles break down in the driveway. I guess ours was just the plans it ruined ,because we are used to driving broken down old vehicles. Us hilljacks always carry a couple clothes hangers ,a roll of duct tape and a pair of pliers have used the emergency brake to get us home more than once, but it really ticks me off when they all tie together to destroy a fishing trip. Now yours on the other hand is bad cause you are going to spend some money at the parts store and ours was fairly cheap to fix.

8. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    Sorry to hear that but it looks like you got all your troubles out the way for awhile and should be able to enjoy some good fishing..But believe me I've been there and times like that really work on your stress level when its something you love to do..lol also it seems i remember a hilljack came to georgia here awhile back and that boat wouldn't run that day either...lol hope you catch some big ones next time you go!!!

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    My luck runs that way Jody,but I'll get over it . Hope you guy's start getting on some good ones down there.