NOT LOOKING GOOD!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BEHITJ, Sep 4, 2008.

1. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    [​IMG]

Here we go again with the water THis really sucks.:sad2:

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    that Russian Cain is putting it down ant he.:wink:

3. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I just hope the big Blues go crazy again when the water drops.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You guys can't win for losin. Floods, no water at the ramp, again floods. Whats next? One things for certain, when it's rite ya'll catch some dandys. Good luck and hopefully it'll flush on out.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Saw that graft myself and am wondering where is it coming from this time. All the way up to Minn it is showing or was last weekend anyway, normal or below level. Now at our little town it is showing pretty much normal for the same time period.From Clarksville dam down it's showing a rise in water.Don't don't make sense to me.:confused2:At least it's staying below flood stage hopefully.

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    The Missouri River is on a big rise.Mississippi I don't know?:confused2:

7. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This may be a stupid question, but do you guys stay off the river when there is a big rise like that? I have always heard the fishing is good when the water is rising, but you all seem disappointed. We were fishing those types of water levels (16.5 ft at Alton) not long ago and the fishing was decent. Is your concern all the debris, the current or just the general effect on the fishing? :confused2:

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    its mostly about debris with me. But then it is good fishing while it is comin up and then it turns bad when it is fallin. Most of the time i find this to be true. Of course you are getting that from a guy that dont seem to be able to buy fish this year. But thats the way i remember it

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just plain tried of being FLOODED!!

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    boy,i wish yall could send some water our way,we are in bad need of a good rain..:angry:

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bring it on! I am ready for a little more water.

12. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.

I couldn't agree more!:big_smile: Seems good when it is high but just not at flood stage

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I never thought I'd say it, but....BRING ON THE HIGH WATER!!! Man, I just love when there if a few feet of water over the tops of the wing dikes!:big_smile:

14. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    I know three guys that are thinking the same thing!.....:wink: Me being one of them!

15. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm not so giddy. Just when I was beginning to find a bit of a pattern -- everything changes. More variables.:confused2: Furthermore, there's about 10 times as much water in which they can elude me. That's the last thing I need.

I would probably feel better about the situation if someone helped me locate that aforementioned wing dike. :big_smile:

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Look at it this way Greg.. You'll be able to use the ramp at the Dam again...

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here's the trick, what ya do is, get up to crusin speed an..................well, if the dike is just below the surface, you will eventually find it. You can measure the distance you are airborne to judge whether the dike is a good producer. Don't forget your "Hazzard Yell" as you fly.:wink:

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    All of you guys crack me up it wasnt to long ago all of you were complaining about the water coming up and I tried telling you guys some of my best days on the water was in flooded conditions. A good rule of thumb is rise with the fish and fall with the fish this doesnt work all the time but its a good place to start.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :worship::worship::worship:

20. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    The high water is fine for you Mississippi boys but it isn't worth a crap for the Missouri river.It's going to come up and drop real quick that freaks out the fish,they like more stable conditions and thats not anywhere close to stable that's like a massive flash flood.I sick of high water this year period:angry:.