Not having any luck at Lake Springfield

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 1 fishingfool, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 1 fishingfool

1 fishingfool New Member

State:
    il
    We have been fishing lake Springfield and have not been doing very well.We have tried all types of bait diffrent places and places we had great luck last year. I dont know what has happend but I think I have lost my touch. Any body have any sugestions?:crazy:

2. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    its good to see someone else who fishes the same waters I live out right near sangchris but me and other members here are from springfield and surrounding areas
    as far as tips go I aint got none I aint been catching anything either but keep your spirits up and keep trying they will come around
    Trevor

3. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Come on down to CrabOrchard or over to the Cashe River. I think you will catch a mess of fish.

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Been having pretty good luck with channels at Lake Spfld on Shad Fillets from the Bank. Aint had the boat out on Spfld yet. Don't know what it is, I'll throw a head or gut pocket and it'll sit.. Throw a shad fillet and they'll hit it.. Caught my best Channel for the last couple years a couple weeks ago there, 12# :smile2: ..
    Bite been pretty wierd all summer.. They haven't been slamming it, just tap tap tapping it... On some of the few runs where they were screaming the clicker, I'd set the bail, let it load up, and when I set the hook wouldnt even feel it..

You in a boat or on the bank?

If boat, try drifting for em. Got a buddy thats been into em pretty good out there drifting shad or a nice quiet flat cove should produce. Channels should be easy to find on that Lake....

If you on the bank, I hear someplace over by the green pipe been producing (although spotty) ... I aint fished it yet, but I hear the old boat ramp at Lindsey bridge is supposed to be pretty good...

Not sure when ill hit Springfield again, unless its a quick trip for some action. I'm gonna be concentrating on Sangchris until the end of Oct. Flatheads starting to come into Fall Feed :big_smile:

5. 1 fishingfool

1 fishingfool New Member

State:
    il
    I`m fishing in a boat around the boy and girl scout area.And around the power plant area that is where I live off west lake dr.I`ll try the cut bait maybe this weekend if I feel up to it

6. coadyadam

coadyadam New Member

State:
    Illinois
    try drifting around lincoln memorial gardens with shad

7. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    i like hickory point by the islands

8. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The report I got in from the last tournament this month is that it was slow and shad gut was the bait of choice.