Not going so well...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by thegavel, Jul 29, 2006.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Well ladies and gentleman, as some of you already know... I recently moved from Iowa to Chicago following my graduation of college. I left behind a great family, great fishing, and an amazing support group. I have been in Chicago for just over a month now and I am missing all of those things plus many more.

I have given up on fishing this year... I think my days are numbered and I will be lucky to get out one more time before the winter sets in.

My truck is broken down in Iowa... so I have no way to get to the fishing holes around here, not to mention my gear was all in the back of the truck...

In short my spirits are kinda low. I will not be around here as much as I would like any more. I no longer have the internet in my apartment, but I will do my best to get on here from time to time.

I am living day to day, hour by hour, but I am kinda down on my luck right now. I am not asking for sympathy or pity or anything... If you could though... could ya'll send a few knee mails up to the big guy for me?

Ya'll mean a lot to me, and I hate to say that I am not going to be around much any more...

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey, bud. We're gonna miss you in chat. I'm hopin' for the best for ya. And maybe even a lunker or two the next time you do go fishin'. Good luck, buddy.

-Red

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent brother, I hope all works out for ya. Just being tested is all. Remember God will not put more on ya then you can handle.

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Steady as she goes... Keep the faith brother. Opportunity has a funny way of presenting its self sometimes. Stay in touch when you can.

5. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    We'll be praying for you! God works in strange ways. Keep your Faith & keep Praying for yourself. it's not selfish to ask the Lord for the same thing repeatedly. HE answers EVERY prayer, sometimes the answer is not yet. So hang in there! Your time is coming!

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    You're in my prayers already Chris. I know you're hanging in there and that you're definitely well suited for what you're doing. You can do it all man. BTW I hope I can be involved in that one fishing trip before winter - and don't forget about cat tats. peace bro.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hang in there CHRIS we all Love ya Man. Things will get better I can feel it in My bones. Besides The man up stairs Knows your Hurting And I Know he Cares! Your Frind From IOWA J.D.Straka

8. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    keep your heap up you know what they say it is always dardest before dawn not to sound corny

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    sorry to hear about this

when things hit rock bottom no where to go but up...

i wish u the best of luck brother

Jeff

10. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chris,
    from one Iowa brother to another, if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, just let me know. I'll be thinkin about you and keep you in my prayers. Keep your chin up bro. I know,all to well, its hard to do sometimes. Keep in touch.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Keep your head up brother. good things come to those who wait. Our prayers are going out for you and you will make it.

12. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    I`m about 45min from you brotha...let me know if you want to go fishing sometime and we`ll work something out.I`m on the river or the lake at least 5 days a week.

13. Remi

Remi New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't be so down man, there are places to fish in Il. too. You have the big water up there in Chicago and you have lakes, ponds, rivers, creeks all over the place up there. Buy you a $20 wal-mart ugly stick combo, some hooks, weights, liver, worm, stink bait, or whatever your flavor of fishing and find someone around to go fishing with. Cheer up, there are fish up there. People up there are kind of extreme though, watch out for the liberal yuppies they may tackle you on the bank and cut your line to save a fish while they're on their way to the local sushi bar.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother keep your chin up!! I'm going thru some hard times myself but God is anAwsome God and He Reigns!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Don't give up fishin,for me it's the only thing that keeps me sane brother.We all love you so hang in there!! Your BOC sister,Pat Powell:smile2:

15. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Keep you're head up, prayers, sent for better days.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers are sent brother my uncle told me one time that in you are in a storm have just came out of a storm or fixing to go in a storm about all we can do is live one day at a time and keep belive ing in the lord:big_smile: and thinking of the Blessing he has gave us Its hard to be down when you are praiseing the Lord:smile:

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    TEA TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY HEAD! STAY STRONG IN YOUR FAITH BROTHER! IT'LL PASS.

18. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hang in there pal , it WILL work out .
    Brian

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    God bless you Christopher.

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hang in there man ,like I tell everone ONLY BELIEVE ,through God all things are possible. Were all pulling and praying for you. GOD BLESS YOU MAN,just remember we all love you and the Lord loves you more. Your just being put through a test by the Big Man himself.