Not catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, May 21, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I know this is not about catfishing but I am going to take someone bowfishing for his first time in about 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me if the bowfishing is alright around Osecola on the osage or sac rivers. Or how is it on truman lake and what ramp to unload at. I want him to have a good first experiance. I have never bowfished these places and it is kind of centered for both of us to meet. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Tom

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I was out a couple of times last week fishing below the dam Tom and both times the carp were up in the grass rolling. Literally you couldnt hear at times from all the noise they were making. You could fill a boat full of them with no problem. I dont know all the laws on bow fishing for them but we have several clubs that come down from the city and they have night bow fishing tournaments on the week ends. Pretty neat to see there boats the way they have the generators and set ups. Those guys take it pretty seriously and have some high dollar rigs.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Troy I just do it for fun. I dont have all the high dollar stuff on my boat. There is no limit on trash fish (carp). But thanks for the information. One of these days I am going to get below the dam and try to catch one of the big blues.

Tom

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I'd think with the high water, anywhere you can find shallow water and submerged vegetation this time of year there should be plenty of carp... This is about when they get up in the shallows and spawn, I think. Not much help, I'm sure, but I don't think Truman Lake is lacking in carp, drum, buffalo, gar, whatever.

I used to bow fish for them many years ago in the sloughs next to the Osage River in Warsaw, had a ball and killed them by the hundreds. But the places I fished you had to wade way back into the trees, no boats. That was before they built the levees next to the river... You can still get to a few areas if you go back in the cove near Steve Brown's house - way up to the north and west it gets real shallow.