Not bad for a couple rookies!!!

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by rspd507, Oct 14, 2007.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Went out today with a couple buddies crappie fishing. Caught several nice eatin size as well as several smaller ones that were returned to the creek. The biggest being about 10.5 inches long. I was very happy with our success due to being my second trip crappie fishing ever. All I know is that we had a blast. Cant wait to get back out there and do it again. rspd507

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Ross...What kinda pole's are you using a ultralite set up? I love catching on that kind of setup feel's like you got a huge channel cat at the end of the line:smile2:

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    James, it was great using the light rig set up. Your right it does feel like you have a huge fish when you hook into a nice size crappie. Thanks for the nice reply.. rspd507

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    sounds fun im gonna do me some crappie fishing this year. last year i got to go out and do it for the first time only went 2 times , only got to catch 2 or 3 fish but still had a good time.ultralite fishing is alot of fun.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    love the ultra -light for crappies and bluegills. but if you want a 10 inch crappie to feel like a 20lbs blue get yourself a 2 or 3 weight fly rod.