Not bad...4 bad

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by baitchunker, May 1, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well yall,

i decided to take the boat out sat. for an all-nighter. it was a picture perfect afternoon, followed by a clear starry night. i had planned on catching a few eaters for the fryin' pan and then trying to find some worth doing battle with. i think the water was a lil muddier than usual, but other than that everything seemed just right. i cought a few late in the afternoon between 5 and 2#s. so i started changin my baits. i put a live bream on one rod a couple of finger size shad on another and a big ol wad of beef liver on my last one. thats about the time the bite shut off as far as i could tell. it was still nice to be out on the alabama river just me the hoot owls and a few cold ones. after an entire night of changin spots and baits and strategies, i decided to find a shady spot somewhere and take a nap. to my unpleasant surprise i woke up at around 1 in the afternoon with my first sunburn of the year. WOO! HOO! i moved back to the shade and put a few more small ( 2-3 #) fish in the ice chest and headed home.

i know it doesnt sound that exciting but it was a great time for me that i thought i would share. maybe next time i can pick a fight with a big boy.

j.d.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jonathan thanks for sharing your fishing trip. It's not how big a fish or the number you catch. Its the fact that you got out and injoyed nature for a day. As long as you had a good time is all that matters. Quietness is sometimes a blessing, from this rat race.:lol: :big_smile:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like one of my solo all-nighters on the river! I can appreciate your story. Thanks for posting!

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I totally agree!! The sound of the water running downstream is a giant stress reliever for me! I too am very happy that you were able to slip off some place quiet and just enjoy the sounds of nature and peace and quiet!!:big_smile:

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks for the sentiments yall.

it really was nice to get away. it was actually the first time i had managed to take my new boat out without having a friend or someone who wanted to go for a ride. i like taking ppl out and being "social" on the water, but some good ol' solitude is nice every now and then.