Not A Very Productive Night

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KYCATFISHHUNTER, Aug 10, 2006.

1. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    I Went Out Tuesday Night Fishing For Some Flatties And I Tell Ya It Was A Long 9 Hrs Of Fishing. I Was Using Live/dead Gills, Which Usually Is A Very Productive Bait, And I Only Got One Run The Whole Time I Was There. It Was A 6 Pound Shovelhead. Maybe It Was The Cold Front That Moved In. Im Thinking Of Going Back Out Monday Morning. Hopefullly It Will Be A Little More Productive.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Where were you fishing Jeff

3. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    At One Of My Grandfathers Friends Lake. Its About 2 Acres In Size And 16 Ft Deep In Some Spots. Hes Put A Lot Of Fish In It, Mainly Shovels He Said.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have one word for you .............MOON

It's too big right now............

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with kansaskater yep the moon:big_smile:

6. jwasted

jwasted New Member

State:
    Alabama
    so moon equals bad fishing?

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Jacob, In my opinion, yes, the moon has a negative affect on the fishing, especially catfish.

It seems to affect scaled fish differently somehow, but as a general rule, I don't bother fishing the 3 days before and after the full moon. Only while the moon is up that is. Just seems like wasting bait during those days.

Does not keep the friggen Gar from eating though!

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have to disgree with the full moon, or the moon being to bright senario..Me and my buddy, went the same week and we killed them, caught about 13 fish, including the 50 pounder in my avatar.

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Ive been doing bad too I dont know whats up im taking a couple weeks off I hit it hard last week 4 times and only one a day and two times they were channels. Im taking a couple weeks off.

10. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I would usally agree with KSCATTER about the full moon. But last week I was out during a full moon and caught 5 flats. I couldn't believe it. Thats a first. It was almost as bright as daylight out there. The only thing it was two days before a NE front moved in. I guess the flats decided to feed during the bright moon because of the front moving in.

11. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sorry to hear about your bad luck. maybe they are biting better in the river. for some reason fish bite different in different bodies of water. good luck fishing!!

12. Oldbear

Oldbear Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I feel better now because the last couple weeks its just went flat for me.

13. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I think there is one or two times the moon being full may be an exception, and bites will still happen. This past week is one of those times. They are just coming off the nest, here in Kansas anyway. Hunger is driving them to behave a little differently than normal.

99% of the time the full moon will mean very little catfish action. In my experience anyhow.

14. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    keep at it, still better than sitting at home or going to work (yuk)

15. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    it happens yeah it could of been the current