not a joke conficker virus

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    today April 1 a new virus is to be launched, it is the conficker virus, to check if you have it log on to you virus scan site, if you can't get on you may be infected, also if you are up to date with microsoft updates you are most likely ok. Using a virus scanner may pick it up if it is up to date as well, But to be sure go to the attached link http://www.cgbtech.com/alert.php On the news they said you need to he this patch e-mailed to you to install it if you do find out you have it. good luck and sorry I wish this was a joke, What i have read about this is that it gets passwords and sensitive materials such as account numbers. I run a virus scanner full time. and even with that some can get through via watching movies on sites such as youtube, alway run a scan on a time schedule, I run my scan at night and have it to scan on down loads and uploads, as well as e-mails.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff. We recieve our internet servive from our phone co op,They sent an e-mail alert to every subscriber and details on how to update to avoid this .:wink: So I think I'm set.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    They also said on the news to go to microsoft . com If you can't get to that site they say you probably have it.
    I keep windows auto update on and run anti-virus every night.
    Thanks for the info!

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Thanks for the warning guy's. I run anti-virus everyday and I also keep my windows update on also. :wink: ...Thanks again for the info.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yesterday I updated everything on my computer and installed Service Pack 3 on wifes laptop. Just checked to see if AVG would update, it did.

Drudge
    is saying this: