Not A Good Weekend So Far!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Jul 2, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope things turn around soon. I was headed to Danville, VA. this weekend to meet a BOC brother and do some fishing while my wife visited her family there. Well as some of you already know, Chris, (Dreamer34), had a death in the family and so we didn't get to meet after all. The funeral was Saturday which was also the 6th anniversary of the death of my wife's father. We went to put flags and flowers on the grave.
    We spent the afternoon at the VFW having a picnic with my wife's family and alot of Veterans and then went to spend the night with my wife's cousin Vickie. She lives on a 895 acre farm with a lake and 4 ponds. We loaded up in a Kowasaki "Mule" to go see the lakes and watch the sun go down. Vickie slipped getting down from the Mule and went down hard. It turns out she broke her hip. After a great struggle, we got her back to the house, loaded her in a vehicle and took her to the hospital. She went into surgery today to put 2 pins in her hip. The wife and I desided to cut our trip short and head home before anything went wrong. I think I'll stay indoors the next couple days!

2. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear about you troubles. I hope the rest rest of your holiday week goes better. Enjoy the 4th. Be safe.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Gosh, Billie, I believe with that kind of luck I'd stay indoors for a while too. Sorry to hear about your wife's cousin, Vickie. We'll be praying for a quick recovery. Breaking your hip isn't any fun and the recovery isn't easy either. Sorry you and Chris didn't get to meet up, but I'm sure you will sometime soon. Try to enjoy the upcoming holiday!

4. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Tanya, I totally agree with you. I think I'd spend a day or so in the house till this bad luck thing ends. Hope your wife's cousin get healed quickly.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    All those good intentions out the window. Heres to a speady recovery. Don't forget to lock the doors.

6. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Wow, man! I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope things turn around for you all real soon.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Billie, I hope things get better there and I hope Vicky is gonna be OK, Send her our prayers.

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    it has been a rough one but we will hook up soon...now the wife went and bought a pool for the kids(yea right!)and now i'm stuck getting that thing put up

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Should save breaking a hip for the REAL old people buddy. lol. Hopin' for a speedy recovery, wishin' good luck, and willin' the surgery goes great. See ya around, buddy.

-Red

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Billie, sorry about all the mishaps, hope things get looking better for yall. Prayers sent from me.

Hey Arlington, if you wouldn't have been using her for a cushion to sit on while you fished, she probably wouldn't have minded so much. ROFLOL

11. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hang in there Billie,
    Im sure things will get better.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is not good at all brother, hope it all turns better for you. Prayers sent that she heals quickly.

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    John,you need to quit tring to pick up those women.:lol:

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Billie,I hope the rest of your holiday weekend goes better.Hang in there brother...

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Bless her heart, Hope she get better soon. Shes in our prayers and thought.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Willie, sorry to hear about your weekend and prayers sent to you and yours.
    CAUTIN:Stayaway from fireworks. Find a nic shallow small pond and catch something. It always makes me feel better to have a jerk on the other end of the line.

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Things are still going wrong! my wife tried to go to work this morning and the car was making a racket. I thought it was the alternator so i went and got a new one and installed it. That wasn't it. Seems the water pump is about to go and we'll have to wait until Wed. to get that fixed. When I got back from working on the car and doing some work for a customer, the house was really hot. It's been in the upper 90's outside. Turns out the AC went out! I finally found a switch bad on it and repaired that so it's starting to cool off a bit. Vickie's surgery went well but of course she is still in alot of pain. They put two screws in her hip. She has been ordered to stay off her leg for at least 4-6 weeks. What will it be next?

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    well..got the pool set up ...filled it overnight...found out there was a slight lean and now the water is flowing to one side...just keeps getting better...and found out that i got to work tomorrow too

19. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Billie...we need to write a blues song out of all this stuff happening

20. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    guess we got our own BOC bad luck club going on....lol