not a good night on the river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, May 29, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HRcats spent about 10 hrs fishing, I got to the spot at 5am to hit the morning bite...No cats at all...I think the cold front that came through hurt the bite.

Either that or we suck, say a prayer for Roger "HRcats" He needs to catch a decent fish or he is gonna quit.

Thanks for the sinkers Roger, I dont need anymore,,I think I have 320 sinkers over 5-ounces.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That sucks, I'm sure you all will get back on them soon. Its not that you guys suck, seen too many nice ones caught by you.:roll_eyes::wink:
    I need to catch a decent cat also, preferably before the spawn kicks into full gear.:eek:oooh: I had to take off last night, maybe I'll be able to go tonight.:confused2:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You can't catch 50lbers everytime you go out.:wink:

And yes, the cold front that came through Ohio is now in PA. The river temp has gone down about 5 degrees.

Being out there and trying is all that mattters!:cool2:

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Ahhhhhh. Now that's a feeling i know all too well. Fret not Jack & Roger.It's not just you. I am currently on a fishless streak that's almost beyond comprehension. There's always light at the end of the tunnel though and this weekend that ray of hope is known as Salt Fork Lake. The skunking streak is about to end .... for you guys as well i bet.

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Right now any fish would help. Told Jack this morning i was about ready to quit targeting cats and start on bluegills...that way he'd have more bait. :wink:

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I forgot to add the pic of last nights big catch. Hoping this is the last of these!!

Attached Files:

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes and Roger kept a female huge shad full of eggs, I told he needed to cpr those big spawning shad:big_smile::crazy::wink:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If ya dont want any more of those I think we need to quit fishing untill after the spawn....I hate the spawn

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It happens to the best of us!:cool2::smile2:

10. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats why its called FISHING and notCATCHING fellas .....keep after them!!!!!!

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    dang roger thats not a very nice one at all good luck in the future

12. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I hate to take a grain of satisfaction in Rogers and Garrets misfortune..... but atleast I know now that I'm in good company.... all I've caught this year are suckers and bluegill, it seems like the fish don't even know I exist. I could tie a big bloody bluegill head around my neck and I bet the fish still wouldn't have anything to say to me.

13. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    Its been bad all over but I think the front helped me caught 4 over 20 yesterday:smile2::smile2::smile2: