Not a good day

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by jimmyk, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    Went fishing Saturday and had some bad luck. First off lost a brand new cast net (my own fault). Only had one eel to use for bait. Caught one small fish. Was heading back in and the boat started missing real bad. Shut it off. It was only running on 2 cylinders. Limped it back to the dock. When I got close it started knocking. Got it on the trailer. Got it home and removed one cylinder head. Catastophic damage. So now no boat for awhile.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sorry to hear that bro. Hope you get up and running soon!

3. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    sorry about your bad luck. We have had similar luck with fishing lately. It sucks when you can't fish though. There will be better days ahead.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jimmy sorry to hear about your bad luck. Some says when it rains it pours and it looks like you were caught with a flood of bad problems. On the bright side. You made it in safely. I hope you get up and running soon.:0a17: :0a28: :big_smile_2:

5. Karoake_katfish

Karoake_katfish New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Wow sounds like one of my fishing trips. Hope you get it going soon

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Jimmy
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck man, But when it rains it pours, I know the feeling. I broke an axle on my jeep. I fixed it, then the brakes wouldn't bleed so I had to install a new Master Cylinder, Got that fixed. now the dam head lights wont work. What Next.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Hang in there bro, I hope things get better for you and you get back out on the water soon.

Wheelmobile07

8. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Jimmy, that sucks big time. Well, maybe it is better to have issues now in winter rather in the spring or summer.

9. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    To Bad ,,Sorry to hear that. That is some bad news. Good Luck on getting it fixed and ready to go.

10. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    sounds like a rough outing... atleast you got it out of the way early this year, seems like there is always one of those trips that make you look over all of your gear from rod tip to motor inch by inch....

best of luck getting back on the water soon

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    MAN WHAT A BUMMER!!! GLAD YOU GOT THAT RASCAL BACK ON THE TRAILER AT THE RAMP.WHEN MINE DECIDED TO TAKE A DUMP I WAS 9 MILES DOWN RIVER FROM THE BOAT RAMP AND NOT A SOUL IN SIGHT.I HAD T CALL 911 AND THEY SENT THE COAST GUARD AUX.TO COME GET ME,THANK GOD FOR THEM FOLKS. I HOPE YOU CAN GET IT FIXED SOON.J.D.

12. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Bummer JD. Sounds like you were up $hit Creek without a paddle! Keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me when I get my boat.

13. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    look on the bright side, no one had stolen ur truck while u were limping back to dock.
    on the serious side, i hope that ur motor can be repaired. It really sucks when something so crutial to ur fishing breaks on u.

14. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was riding to get something to eat the other night with my brother in a new pickup he just bought. We pulled up to a red light and the truck cut off. I thought it was weird, then it wouldn't crank back. Only turn over about a half turn. Got home, pulled it out and found it dropped a valve and now she is pretty much F.U.B.R. if you know what I mean. It pushed that valve right out the side of the cylinder wall. Good thing 350 Chevy's are a dime a dozen! I know all about bad luck!

15. stuckinthehole3

stuckinthehole3 New Member

State:
    SC
    my g-father hasnt had any luck lately either

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry about your luck Jimmy. I hope that things turn around for you on your next outting.

17. grantpwll

grantpwll New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds like someone has luck a bad as mine, but cant help but trying.