Not a dink in the bunch

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well to spite the wind and rain i did get out today at the local lake. I almost unhooked the boat and went back inside, there was a constant drizzle and rain and wind all day, There was only two boats on the lake and i was one, i got shad real quick and started my drift and within 10 min i got my first hook up a nice channel 5lb 3oz. shortly after all heck broke loose i had three rods go down, i got one landed and the another would go down, this was going on for a hour i could not get them all rebaited quick enough, All the cats were channels in the 5lb + range i was out form 9am to 2pm and was catching a cat every 10 to 15 min. Ok there was a smaller one in the 3lb range but even at that not bad for a rainey sunday, i did not keep any cats, my gear is going to take for ever to dry off and my rain gear was a life saver today i only got wet around my neck. i do have a little queston i got a nice cat almost 8lb and there was a sore on it,round usler looking, i was told never to eat any cats that have sores on it, can anyone enlighten me i know the obvious reason why not to eat the cat ,but what is the cause of the sore and does it heal or does it die.

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Great trip in the rain and all. I have cleaned fish that had a sore on then before.the meat looked ok. the sore was just on the skin and no deeper. I fish on the river most of the time.