not a bad way to start dec.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Dec 1, 2007.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    ive been working so much i just havent had anytime to fish. but i hit the water today see if i could find a few , cloudy wind out of the southeast & a tow comming up or down every five min. but i did get out & got 13 fish the biggest one 22 pounder, had a blast, love this time of yr. for fishing the mississippi for blues. all the fish came out of the same hole, its 70 feet deep i was on the inward side fishing in 40ft. of water. took a while to find them but was well worth it

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Way to go Russ, Bet it felt great to be out there finally!!!

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    thanks jw , had to get out make sure every thing was ok with the boat before i come up there next week.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Sounds like a good day to me. I'll be getting out there soon again.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    sounds like a good day, thanks for the post

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good for you Russ!!

Only left out one detail.....what was the bait of choice for our favorite whiskered pals that lurk in the dark depths of the fine Mississippi River? :big_smile:

I'm jealous I must admit, :roll_eyes: I wish I would have been out there. How long were you on the river today? What was the water/air temp today? Thanks buddy!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Atta Boy Rusty. Congrats on a Fine day on the water.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Congrats Russ. glad someone found them.

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i was useing cut skipjacks, the biggest two fish were on the heads, lets see, had 4 lines out, current was medium , water temp was 45, catfish safri rods- penn 220 reels-teamcatfish double action hooks, last but not least folgers coffee. i write all this down in my catfish book for future use. i look at my book the night before i go out just to refresh my memory of where i fish at diff. times of the yr. where the fish was at what time of day, water temp., air temp. water level.cloudy-sunny-rain- ect.

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Rusty, that sounds like the ferfect way to start off December. Did a little bit of fishing today with Dan. Couldnt of asked for better weather in December for catfishing. Glad you got on em', thanks for the report.

11. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Sounds like a good time...glad you got on 'em...