Not a bad day in my backyard - Cumberland River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Barry Nelson, May 24, 2007.

1. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Brothers & sisters,

As Ive said before, the Cumberland river is my backyard. Went down this evening and caught 3 channels (eatin' size) 1 blue (around 6 lbs) 2 big as my hand bluegills and a 16 inch striper.

Ive got some left over cornbread from supper...so me and the neighbor is havin' fried fish and corn bread with flour gravey for breakfast.

were going to set up for an all nighter either friday or saturday night down below the old hickory dam this weekend.

I'll let ya'll know how that turns out.

Just want to say how much I feel at home here and hope to fish a few of these tourneys when i finish my boat restoration project, Ive took some before pics. Its an old astroglass 14 footer. bought the boat and trailer with out the motor for $100.

Ive restored 4 bassboats in the past...burnt out on the whole bass fishing thing. Any ideas about setting up a tournament ready cat boat would be appreciated.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Get into the library. It'll knock your socks off.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Barry it must be nice to have the cumberland in your back yard.Look forward to more reports from you.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What stretch of the river do you live on? I don't live but a few mins from the dam but I have to my boat in on the top side if I don't want to put in on the old hickory side.

5. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee

I live on the madison side about a half mile down stream from the dam, but before the bridge. You must be in Hendersonville then? you put in at rockland?

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The cumberland runs onto the backside of our family farm, plus a pretty good size creek runs through it from the cumberland . Gonna try some trotlining and good old regular pole fishing. Sounds like you had a godd time fishing.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ya I am on the hendersonville side. I haven't been able to catch any blues down there I am surprised you have.

8. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee

I probally just got lucky :wink: