nostradamus or isaac newton

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thecatman, Oct 9, 2009.

who is correct of the great prophets

1. isaac newton

2. nostradamus

3. neither

4. both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    ok guys n' gals and everyone in between lol i have a question and would like to know what everyone thinks seeings how i have watched WAY WAY too much history channel lately

well here goes

nostradamus and the great scientist isaac newton had a similir but somewhat contradicting theory

nostradamus has told in his prophecies that the end of the world so to speak will come in the near future of 2012 along with nostradamus the mayans and other ancient societys almost all of nostradamus's prophecies have been very close to the exact truth in past events surely nobody could see all of history and predict them down to correct years could they?

now to the contradiction of the great scientist and mathmatician isaac newtons theory/prophecy it has been told that he mathmatically deduced that the end of all days would come in the year no sooner than 2060 and no later than 2060 now his theory was done by mathmatics and on a time scale not of 365 days however he apparantly did the math to get to that conclusion

my theory is they are both right in their beleifs and thinkings however wrong on the years

now my question is who do you think is right and why

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Hmmm.... Good Question. I have watched the Nostradamus runs on History Channel and My Opinion is that people just want to believe in something. For example his "so called" 9/11 prediction if you have seen the History Channel shows, which Obviously you have as you stated, but speaking to all. If you have seen those than you will see that his writings were Very Vague, and it seems to me that people were Really Stretching to pull Current events out of his statements. Very "loosely" picked out of his quotations. Another good example is his writings that are believed to be predictions of the rise and fall of Hitler. But again in my opinion if you looked at alot of old philisophical writings and really tried and knew historic events very well you could probably "create" some sort of connection with almost any writing of the such with some event somewhere, sometime. I would almost bet one of us could write hundreds of such sayings again I mean "VAGUE" and probably could be linked to some event in the future. Such as "The Waters will Rise from the north, and the Two Monsters colored as the sky will come out from such, at the time the leaves start to change" Now it's been raining like heck up North so the Ohio River will be up, so when I go fishing in the morning if we catch two Big Blues and it's Fall, then am I a pshycic ??? lol Bad example but you get my drift. Or say "Two Glorious Birds will fall from the sky and two arches will fall between the full and half moons in the same calender" So within the next 600 years if two planes crash and Mcdonalds goes out of buisness all in one year, did I predict that 600 years earlier ????? Just my opinion but I do find it all interesting. Just doesnt seem concrete enough for me.:eek:oooh::wink:

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i agree brian it is a very vague prophecy but at the same time does have some prophecies that were vague yet descriptive that seem to have come true

4. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Yes I agree it makes you wonder, I dont watch alot of television but when I do it's usually History Channel or Discovery or the such. Neat Thread will be interesting to see what others have to say. Have you seen the History Channel show on The Crystal Skulls not the indianna jones movie lol but the real ones of course. Now thats pretty amazing some of the wierd things that have happened around them, the energy they put off, messing with magnetic fields, and scientist who have studied them said it's like a whole Fiber-optic grid inside them and microscopic x-rays have produced what appears to be some sort of blueprints in them. You really ought to check that one out if you run across it, if your in to that kind of stuff.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I voted neither,I trust my King James bible.:wink:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's right, Richard. Not even the angels in heaven know when.

Bill in SC

7. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    try watching TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES or the FOOD CHANNEL. :big_smile::cool2:

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ....Jeffrodamis....ask away people..

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tsk, tsk, tsk...

10. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I declined to vote because I am centered between the two. As far as an extinction or destruction on a planetary scale , anything's possible. We live in a time where ever stranger truths are surpassing formerly foolidealistic fiction.

11. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    what i like best about newtons prophecy is the fact that he disected the bible more less to come to his conclusion to include specific events and dates as well as which events would be the downfall per the texts of the bible

12. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    No one can be right all the time...:confused2:

13. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i voted neither ,the bible holds the truth

14. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Ammo Warrior tell that to my ex-wife would yah, lol:big_smile: Well I'm voting for which ever one predicted I'm gonna catch a Monster this weekend, lol :smile2:

15. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the good lord needs to come back soon this old world is no good.

16. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i hope yall wiil forgive my spelling and grammer.

17. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Ironically my first thought was the word of God before I even saw your post, so I emphatically agree. :wink:

Ray

18. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    if you wanna see some really interesting stuff, google bible code; and start reading.

19. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    neither...my high school science teacher...just kidding...she always say newtons laws...so newton!:smile2::smile2:

20. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have to go with neither.I also go with the King James version.It will be like a thief in the night.