Northwest Mississippi

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by TNAngler, Jun 20, 2007.

1. TNAngler

TNAngler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can anyone recommend some good bankfishing spots in Northern Mississippi.....I live in Memphis, TN. I have a daughter in a wheelchair who loves to come with so any spots that would allow this would be great.
    Thx

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Jason, I live in Corinth Ms, the only places I really know much about that would be wheelchair accessable is maybe Tippah Lake near Ripley Ms, off Hwy 15, and Bay Springs Lake/Piney Grove, they have a few piers to fish off of, its off the Tenn-Tom Waterway near Booneville on Hwy 30, theres Tishamingo State Park, they have good access too, and Pickwick/Eastport areas on the Tenn river. you would just hafta go drive around and pick a place but there are plenty of them. Ill ask around and see waht i can come up with. Best of luck with the fishin and have fun.

3. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
    Most of us on this board fish in the Mississippi. I would not recommend anyone in a wheelchair get close to the river. Have you tried Ketchum Lake at Shelby Farms? Lots of catfish to be caught there.

4. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Just about all the state owned lakes have wheelchair ramps at one or more of their piers....I would think that most buisness' along even the Mississippi River would let her fish their "property" if you ask.....What you can do is to get in touch with the Mississippi Dept. of Wildlife Fisheries and they will tell you what they know...I know I was at Elvis Presley Lake yesterday and they had "wheelchair" ramp going to both docks I looked at.... www.mdwfp.com/level1/fishing.asp

Check out their site and at the bottom of the sidebar there's an option to "Contact" us....Click on that and fillout the info and let them know what your situation is....They'll answer within a week.....Dwight

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Jason I'm in a wheelchair and it's a long drive for you but I fish Sardis and Granada spillways from my chair.The water below granada is low right now but most times you can geat a wheelchair to the river below the spillway.

6. TNAngler

TNAngler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Jim....sardis isn't really that bad a dirve...appreciate your help!!

7. Mississippi Kid

Mississippi Kid New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    hey bud. just south of memphis at the state line is lakeview boat dock. it has a pier and they've been catching some cats. here's their # 662-781-1550. they're real nice folks and would probably have answers for any questions you may have. HAPPY FISHING!!!

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Mississippi Kid,

Thanks for that "boatdock" Ph #.....I might just use it sometimes.....Dwight

9. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    Mhoon Landing has some good bankfishing, just north of the ramp about 3o or 40 yards. For that matter, I've seen a few eaters come off the ramp itself! Might be difficult with a wheel chair. The ramp is just north of Tunica. About 1/4 mile south of the Tunica Co. Arena / fairgrounds / whatever it is, turn right. Turn is right next to a car dealership, or an old one. I can't remember. Cross the levee, and when the road turns to the left, take a right. Go into the parking lot there, and then take a left. The ramp is in the corner of the parking lot, and is concrete all the way down. Some of us get together every fall for a trip up there. Holler back at us and we'll meet you sometime!