Northwest Florida

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by wewasr, Oct 2, 2005.

1. wewasr

wewasr New Member

The fishing in the Apalachicola River Basin is great the only way it could be any better is to fall 2 feet more! This will happen by Friday.

Don

2. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Hey Don, have you heard anything about that one spot I've been looking at on the main river, where Angie lost that big one?....Ray

3. wewasr

wewasr New Member

most fishermen are fishing South of the landing, The ones to North Florida River (Lib's spot), Browns Lake, and futher North.

Don

4. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

I still have not made a final decision about where I'm gonna fish. I change my mind about 2 times a day. Guess I'll decide once I get there and have a look see on the graph. Wish I had those kind of decisions to make every week....Ray

5. Tee

Tee New Member

State:
    TN
    Well I decided not to work tonight, so I am going to class in the morning, take my test, come to the house and hook up and be on my way. I should pull out from here headed that way around 1400. That should put me in Wewa around midnight.
    Ray, I'll give you a call tomorrow evening from the road and we'll make a plan to catch bait and let you show me all your spots... er I mean the river :)

6. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Be careful and have a safe trip Tee. I'll be home from work tomorrow around 4:30pm then I'm out from 6pm til 9pm (EST), then back home. If I haven't heard from you by the time I get home, I'll call you on your cell around 8:30pm (CST).....Ray

7. wewasr

wewasr New Member

I agree with you Ray I hope all the fishermen have a safe rounf trip. I have not heard from Schoe and DH yet and I will check on them tomorrow morning. Be careful and catch a Lot of fish.
    Don

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

WEWASER
    from what i saw on last nights weather report,there may be some heavy
    rain by the weekend,hope the river holds till the tournament is over.i wish
    every one good luck and may the best stump bumper win. :rolleyes: we
    may drive up from new port richey saturday for the festival and meet some
    of the members.have a great day and stay safe.
    KIRK :D

9. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Captain Kirk
    The group that host the festival have canceled the festival because thier chairman was transfered out of the area.
    But the tournament will be held . As always we are watching the weather.
    If passed history holds true we should have over 300 fishermen. we have 80 pre-entered. Normal for now is about 30 preentered and about 300 enter the day of the tournament.
    Schoe, DH and Dh's son made it down last night.

Don

10. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

DON
    thanks for the info on the festival,will save a long drive and a few $$$$ in gas.
    KIRK :)

11. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Kirk, sorry you won't be able to make it up. I give you a yell when we get back to set up a local trip....Ray

12. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

GOOD MORNING RAY
    we would have driven up,but with the festival cancelled there wouldnt
    be much to do.you have a good trip,and you have all of my #s to contact
    me when you get back.GOOD LUCK
    KIRK :cool:

13. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Captian Kirk
    Ray, Lib and Tee are out looking for bait
    Don

14. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    did they all make it down safly man I have been watching this thread thanks for the updates

15. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Now that things have slowed down here, I think I will just go fishing. :)

Don

16. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Ray
    They are still bitting Angie wanted a mess of channel cat to cook, so I took off at 2pm and took her fishing. She caught about 26 and kept a good mess. I took my bother's oldest daughter out tonight and she hooked up good but not keep him out of wood. She did catch a small 5lb Flat and she went home happy.

Don

17. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

I went for a couple of hours yesterday morning but didn't do any good over at Dover. I'm gonna try to go over to Turkey Creek early on Thursday morning and see if they are biting....Ray

18. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Ray
    Angie and I went out again this afternoon I think she must be thinking about another fish fry, it is either that, are she just like to watch me clean fish.

Don

19. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Sound's like Angie is keeping you busy at the fish cleaning station!....Ray

20. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Ray
    Jimmy took off the rest of the week to fish. The bite is still very good. I think I getting a fever and may be coming down with fishitis. There is only one cure. The office may not see me very much this week.
    Don