Northfork Lake, Arkansas... Luck

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KAYAK CAT KILLER, May 27, 2009.

1. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just looking for anyone fishing northfork lake.( Mountain Home Area )Wondering if the catfish r biting and what u r fishing with. I used to spearfish there, around red bank or bidwell point. Just poking around for anyone in that area.:001:

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I fished Bull Shoals today. I know that isn't Norfork, but it is pretty close to the same. I fished out of Lead Hill and only caught one channel cat about 5 pounds. I was blown off most of my points and flats I fished. Just when I set up on this point, one of my rods when down and he took off. After boating that fish and letting him go, a huge storm brewed up and chased me off that spot.
    Maybe flats on Norfork will hold fish. I think there were other fish over at Bull, the wind just didn't let me fish them.
    I caught that fish on Secret 7.

3. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri

I have fished and speared bull shoals too. I love the platues and flats that r all over there> great structure> at least it looked good under water. The water is extreemly clear for a lake..I will have to try to get out that way. Maybe some of this wet windy weather will give us a brake.