NORTHERN UPDATE (WELD COUNTY)

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by BACKWOODSBOY350, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    THE WIND IS NASTY HERE . BUT ITS WARMION THE WATER UP AND I WILL BE OUT WITH IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS AND LET YOU KNOW . PROBABLY GO FOR SOME WALLIES BUT ANYTHING GOES WITH ME

2. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I heard of some cats being caught outta Barbour ponds but nothing around the Metro Area. THe weather has been back in forth and the wind doesnt help hope to make it out tonight or friday fishing local spots in north metro area of denver

3. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    WENT OUT 3/21 DIDNT EVEN GET ANY HITS TRIED ALOT OF TECH. AND SIZES BUT NO LUCK:sad2:

4. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    yeah i went out saturday night without a hit neither. Wanted to go out last night but the wind was hollering...temp was 64 though at 10pm. Caught some nice trout though saturday during the day.

5. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    WENT OUT BASSIN AND PANFISHIN IT WAS SLOW BUT GOT A FEW ITS STARTIN TO PICK UP ....IM MORE THEN READY ..

6. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    went out to a local pond fished for bass and perch landed a few...water temps are picking up and fish are getting really active

Attached Files:

7. fowlnfish

fowlnfish New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Nice perch. Catch any cats lately? I've been gettin a few up north.

8. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I was all gung ho a month ago but havent gotten out lately for the cats. Most likely tonight I will try some ponds out in Westminster Ive been wanting to hit up.

9. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    My cousin and I went out Saturday night to a local pond and caught 8 bullhead between the two of us. They were all pretty small throughout the whole pond. Must have been stocked recently or new boomers but sure was a good time. Just used nightcrawlers on the bottom and they hit every cast. Going out tonight to new pond to try for more bullhead.

Attached Files:

10. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Looks like good bait to me. LOL Are there any nice cat lakes on the eastern part of the state? Since all the CO guys come over here to go walleye fishing I figured I'd try to come over there and try to catch some cats. If not maybe a few trout, which are second favorite on my list.

11. johnwa74

johnwa74 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    hey fellas,
    Beginner catfisher here and I live in Ft Collins. I'm looking for advice on where to go, what to use as bait and any other tips that I can get to catch some eatable-size catfish. thanks for any help!

12. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Well you are lucky because you live in a great area for fishing. I suggest getting a Close To Home Fishing book, I use Kip Careys which has a wealth of info about colorado fishing. Some suggestions for ya, theres Loveland Lake, Lon Hagler, Lonetree, Boyd Reservoir, Horsetooth, Big Thompson Ponds, Simpson ponds, Wellington Reservoirs. Another fishing site I belong to is FishExplorer.com which is for Colorado only and also has a ton of info about lakes and maps to help you out. Hope this helps, good luck

13. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    As for bait I suggest, nightcrawlers, leeches, shrimp, dead baby shad, catch bluegill and use em for bait, chicken liver, or dough baits. Use circle hooks and a slip weight system so you have a slider weight, google it to see what I mean.

14. johnwa74

johnwa74 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    thanks Ducky I appreciate the input and I'm headed to find that book