Northern pike in pond

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by ohio catfisherman, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what would be a good bait for about a 5 acre pound with northern pike

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    BIG AND UGLY SPINNER BAITS.LOL

3. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    some good lures would be rooster tails or mepps spinners red and white dare devil spoon lures or just get some minnows and a bobber but let the pike take the bobber under for about 2 seconds before setting the hook

4. big_fish

big_fish New Member

State:
    michigan
    sucker minnows always

5. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fin Clipped Bluegill , Tail Hooked, Fished slack line under a Large slip Bobber right on the thermo, in the shade... That converts to "Right There...:wink:

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    What is the pond like? How deep?

I personally love to take northerns with buzz baits, they are magnificent on top water often breaking the surface although they bend up buzz baits pretty easily. I also like daredevels and crankbaits, that is what I use the most when fishing them, but it all depends on how well you can get to an area on whether this will work or not.

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi O.C.

Spinners work quite well, but if you want to use dead-bait, then a mackerel-tail is probably yer best option. It's quite tough & stinks to high heaven (which pike LOVE) & it'll stay on the hook forever. If you wanna use livebait, I just got one word for you..........TROUT!!!

Hope this helps.

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Waterdogs, or mudpuppys whatever salamanders are called in your area. Fish'em a couple of feet deep under a bobber right along the weedlines.

9. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    my favorite lurs is .......well.............. my handle:big_smile: lol or for live bait any thing that swims in that pond like crappie other little pike so on anfd so forth:roll_eyes::wink: