Northern Illinois info.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Firecat41, May 2, 2006.

1. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    Got out today for the first time in two weeks, about three hours in 5 different spots and only put four total fish on the bank. Of the four fish, there was three different kinds, 2 drum, 1 walleye, and what made the day a good day an est. 15-20 carp a personal best. I tried every catfish hole that I didnt have to take a major walk to and not even a fiddler cat. The river has been up and down some much I was shocked to catch anything. Anyone else doing any better. This was on the ROCK and Pec rivers.

2. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    that sounds lke you had a very good day I was thinkin about goin to the rock Igoaround rockfalls just up side of the dam ever fish there

3. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was out on the Fox today near Millbrook sitting between 2 trees. Fished worms from the boat towards the bank and couldn't up. I finally had to drop the second rod. There were 2 times I had both lines ringing at the same time. I was out for 2 hours, had 5 in the box and lost more than I caught. All Cats, all 1-2 lbers. Nice table size.

4. flatheadboy2002

flatheadboy2002 New Member

State:
    Rock river illinois
    i live in sterling i fish the rock for flats and channels any body wanna go let me know i have some spots and techniques that have produces me a 17lb channel and a 38lb flatty i love meeting new catfishermen let me know and we will get together

5. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like fun to me can't wait to get up there and do some fishing.

6. flatheadboy2002

flatheadboy2002 New Member

State:
    Rock river illinois
    just let me know i have a boat its not big its just 14 footer with a 6 horse but it does the job i know alot of hole from the bank also so let me know and we'll go

7. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks I will do that.