northern gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Jul 10, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    anyone have suggestions for a north/central Indiana gathering,besides a state property? we can set it up for the fall sometime maybe.

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would really have no preference...as long as it includes some cold beer and the possibility of catching a few fish.

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I live in central, but would be willing to participate in a northern gathering. I am a bank fisher though, so I am limited!

4. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What do we need as far as property? Just a boat launch or what?? I've got lots of time to look and I'd like to help out if I can.... Not sure what all would be involved...

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    bro your never limited with people like we have on here!!!!!!!

ron, i think most would like a campground with showers,electric and water. salamonie/missisiniwa are great places, but the state park thing kinda sucks. imo centrally located with facilities is a big plus for boosting attendance.

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I can dig that!!! Thanks Tim, I appreciate hearing that.

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    how about wolfe's campground were the wabash and tippy river come together.

9. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Or how about this place? Go check it out http://www.tallsycamorecampground.com/index.html

They have group rates, and I've sent them an email to see what that amounts to. Not totally sure they have a boat ramp there but I asked them that too. Wolf's doesn't say anything about group rates, but they do have a boat launch. They might not have enough sites right on the river if enough people attend. We'll get to that when we get some interest.
    Anyone interested in attending should check these places out and give us your input. Also, anyone local that knows the river there, please feel free to tell us if it sucks or not :wink:

I don't care about much as long as it's RIGHT on the river....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Any possibilty of the Indy area? I'm also limited to the banks & the driving.:sad2:

11. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, down more towards Indy there's ---------> http://www.timberlinecampground.com/ on the White River. I'm not sure if they have a boat launch, but they are on 80 acres so foot patrol might actually be better than a boat. Primitive campsites here are only $20 a night.
    There's also the White River Campground, it's a county park. They do have a boat launch, and primitive site are only $14. Go see it here----> http://www.co.hamilton.in.us/parks_details.asp?id=2933 and tell us what you think. We DON'T have to wait till Fall, we can do it next month if y'all want to.... :smile2:

12. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    Tim , I like missassinawa , nice campgrounds with electric and showers , (I can go a couple days without a shower but i got to charge my battery's) . I've priced campsites all over the state and there all about the same wheather there state owned or not. And this year I promise to fish for catfish and not crappie !! well probly or maybe:smile2::smile2: I know fishing around the campground and the boat ramps sucks , The guys fishing from the bank have to get away from the campground and go to the other side of the lake , the channel is closer to the northeast side so the water is a lot deeper , I've seen some guys fishing off a couple of points where some old roads end at the waters edge . I can mark these on my GPS and show them where their at.

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Thanks for the 2 websites. I've saved them on my pc, I hope that we can meet there sometime for fishing.

14. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I would be interested in a north meeting. It all depends on my work schedule for date and times.