Northeast TN fishing...

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mcwrestler, May 7, 2008.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am moving up to Johnson City for 3 months this summer as a semi vacation, change of scenery before my senior year of college. I am an avid carp angler, but like to catfish as well. What lakes and rivers are up around Johnson City that have decent bank access. If any members are up there can you tell me of any city ponds at parks or the such.

Thanks

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Boone Lake is the closest and parts of it probably are in JC city limits. Your about 25 minutes from South Holston Lake and about an hour from Douglas, Norris, and Cherokee lakes. As far as beach access I won't be much help unless your looking for boat ramps.:big_smile: I know Cherokee has a fair amount of TVA land that is open to public access. Not sure about the others.:confused2:

Hope this helps,
    David

3. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Brad, your closest and best place is Wing Deer Park, it's in J.C., there's plenty of bank space and a fishing peer there. You shouldn't have any problem catching carp or catfish there. Send me a PM and we'll try to do some fishing.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the spot. I will shoot you a PM when I know my schedule better and we may have to meet up and do some fishing.
    Thanks