Northeast Ohio lakes and rivers

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tkbiker, May 29, 2006.

1. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wondering what lakes/Rivers in Northeast Ohio are fished the most for catfish? No honey spots just lakes/rivers most fished.

And does anybody fish the canals in Akron or Canal Fulton and any other town they go thru?

Just looking for some new spots closer to me.
    Thanks in advance!
    Todd

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Tod

Being from Akron I can help you out a bit.

Its not whats fished the most but where are the nice cats....if ya want nice cats??

If you can get below the Lake Milton Dam ASAP you can get a bunch of Channel Cats from below the spillway on cut bait. I use a bobber there. Don't think if the water is a bit high that it is no good, it is. I've caught up to a 18 3/4# Channel there. I've had up to six fish Ohio Channels in less than 4 hrs. As always you could get skunked but you would have to work at that!

Flatheads......you will have to drive!! Even though Mosquito has Yellow Cats better the Ohio River over by Eastliverpool or south to Tappan or better Salt.
    I do the River and if ya want to ride along sometime you may.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    update, lol

Todd

Heres a link for The Milton Spillway!!

RRRRRRRR......no cut and paste on this here out of state PC.....rrrrr!!!

The water level is perfect RIGHT NOW @ Milton if ya want 50#s of nice Channels fer the day. Plz leave the biggums in the river.

Cut Shad is best but cut White Bass etc is ok. Make dang sure you have on 12# plus line. Fish the East side of the river and don't get busted crossin the over the dam to get there.

Someone say Mississippi Cats? IF, I said if I were going to try for Flatheads local I would try @ Nimmi. There have been 7 reports that I know of Shovels being caught there or seen swimming there. Yes sometimes one can see them Flatheads. I too seen one in Akron about 13 yrs ago near the shoreline during the day. There is nice eatin Channels in Nimmi there too.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    update II

The Milton Spillway is up to 5.5 ft on the USG Site. You will get wet getting to the East side of the spillway from RIVER RD but the walk is worth it. I'd be there but I'm in NJ soon tobe in GA etc (over the road driver).

1)The are a bunch of rock snags there. 2) With a bobber behind the island maybe best right now. Cast out/let it drift almost to the main river/walk back toward the dam 10 yds and work the bobber into the calm water.

Not many fish the Channel Cats there...I'd guess maybe 6-8 people that may know what they are doing and I've only seen two max there at one time. Don't be surprize if ya hook a 20 plus #er. Best I've heard was a 28 and I believe it!!!

"Good Hunting"

5. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Baitkiller, thanks for all of the info.. i will let you know how i do.
    Todd

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Todd

During the daylight hrs is best & check yourself fer ticks :crazy: !!

Good Hunting

7. Sundance

Sundance New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When are good times fro channels?

Spring Summer Fall etc.?

Don.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    TKBiker

I'm home in Akron, OH!! Do you want to go to Milton??????????

OR how did you do plz??

ASAP Steve Dedon (330) 733-3642