north wind

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gottagetabigun, Apr 19, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my buddy and i went fishing today(fri) and the wind was blowing hard out of the nw. the wind had been out of the south. it switched to the nw around midnight. we fished all night wed. night and caught a lot of fish.(wind had blown out of the south for a couple of days) i knew it wasn't going to be a good day(fri) when the first two holes we fished we didn't catch a fish. those holes always produce a couple of fish.we have caught three fish over twenty pounds in the past month in those spots. we have fished long enough to know that fishing after a front is usually terrible. we have also come to the conclusion that we can catch fish no matter which way the wind is blowing as long as it has blown from that direction for 24 to 36 hours. i would like some input on anyones experiances in these situations.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey thank you for the info its glad to hear you had a good time and that your able to catch the fish no matter which way the wind direction is coming from, I have had wind changes before like that to and I have had some luck, but usually when the wind is picking up and the water is wavy, I usually fish on bottom.