north wind and all

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by gottagetabigun, May 2, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    going out tomorrow(sat) north wind and all. you would think as many times as my friend and i have fished with the north wind this spring we would be true north wind eFISHianodos.(sp haha) anyway will post pics if worthy. btw beats work.anyway good luck to all who's fishing and even those who aren't.

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went out tonight to Ft. Gibson dam. I did realy well. I caught several smaller ones, then a 10lb blue and a 12lb channel. The other guys were still snagging quite a few spoonies in the 30 to 50lb class.

3. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    this was a tough day. we hit the ramp at 6:00a.m., took an hour to catch bait. we only had two fish by 2:00. our usual "guaranteed" spots didn't produce nothing early. later in the afternoon we started picking up a few. i cleaned nine. nothing of any size. the biggest was about an eight pound blue and a channel around six or seven. the fish we caught didn't have anything in their stomachs. i think the two biggest fish we caught were drum. i am not a whiner but these sat. fronts are killing me! oh well things could be worse. i could have been WORKING!

4. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    glad to see you had a good evening. thanks for the report.

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Yeah... I didn't even go fishing Saturday... the Highway 10 ramp was full of weekender boat trailers as was the Three Forks Marina at Muskogee. I had decided not to put the boat in the water before seeing the congestion at the ramps, but it helped confirm my decision.

The river is still way up... the flood water's gotta run out soon... I hope!:eek:oooh:

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    if ya remember the flood water didn't run out last year till almost august!