North texas lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by tufffish, Jan 23, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i see lake lavon is only 9 ft low now. it and lewisville should have enough water to fish now. are all the boat ramps open now on these lakes? in a few weeks when the water clears a little the crappie should be biting also.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    According to the USACE, as of 1/22, the park ramps open on Lavon are: East Fork, Lavonia, Avalon, and Little Ridge. The good news here is those are the big ramps. I'm hearing 20 plus footers are being launched without any problems. Considering all the big ramps were closed just a week or so ago, this is good news. Wonder where I'll be Saturday .... :smile2:

I fished Lewisville this past Friday and Sat., I'm guessing all public ramps are open there, lake was only 9 feet or so low before the rains, maybe 5 foot or less now.

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    that rain defanitly helped, i heard that the east fork of the trinity (during the rains) which is normally at 12-14 feet was at 17-18 feet :smile2:

4. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes, I believe it was before the large amounts of rain around thanksgiving that Tawakoni was down like 17'. I saw at TPWD that it's now only down 9'. What a change. I can hardly wait to put in sometime in the next few weeks. I've got the fever boys.