North texas fishing - What are some great bank fishing areas for catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by DADJBW, Sep 5, 2007.

1. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey guys, im new to the site and new to Texas. Was wondering where some of the better spots(specifically)for bank fishing are in the area. I know where most of the lakes are, but just not where the specific bank spots are. Thanks for the help.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Jason, try the Texas catfishing section and I'm sure someone can help you there.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    welcome to the boc, jason. you will find some help shortly i'm sure. i fish mainly lake somerville and livingston. if you're in that area i can help a little.

4. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Where are you exactly and Shoot me an email and I will kinda give you directions based on where you live. Have you considered a float tube or a kayak. you can get away from the crowds to where th boats are for better chances.

5. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    That would depend on which lake is closer to you. And what you are after i.e. blue, channel, flathead or some other species. Send a PM and let me know what town you live in and what you are after. Also what type of water you like to fish. I might know of a good place close by. I fish lakes, ponds, rivers and even a creek every now and then. I pretty much only fish north Texas.

6. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    I live in north Fort Worth, near Saginaw.

7. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Ok here's the nearest to you.
    1st place:
    Marine Creek off of the 820 West, it is a public boat ramp fish when you get into the area drive down towards the trees nearest the the rocks. Cats bite good around 6-9pm.

2nd Place:
    Dont remember the name of the fish camp I think its Vince's?
    But to get to there get off on Azle off the of the 820 west stay on the right lane without going to the shopping center. Keep going past the shopping center still on the right lane and when you get down the hill make a right. drive about 3-4 miles up and when you get to
    10 MILE ROAD
    (This is the STREET name) make a left. Just keep driving and just before you hit a yellow bridge make a right into drive way and drive all the way down the bumpy dirt drive way. Make sure you pay the $2 at the house and enjoy!

3rd Place:
    Drive up the 287/main once you pass the walmart heading north or away from the 820. You will come to a light (dont know the name maybe Bonds Ranch road, its the only traffic light on 287 past walmart) make a left till this road ends then make right (I thinks its called Dido Road) go straight and keep driving you will see a little pond with a bar park in there and its $2.

4th Place:
    Follow directions above about a mile on the left you will see a sign for a different fish camp and you can rent a aluminum boat with a trolling motor for about $20 but you can bank fish there also.

Now to find the exact honey holes you have to put some time in the water to find the fish.

If you want more info shoot me a email and we can meet up @ wallymart and you can follow me. Cant give up all my spots.....:confident:

:0a26:

One more thing PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH YOU SPEED, LOTS OF COPS AND CHILDREN IN THE AREAS YOU WILL BE DRIVING THRU....
    IF YOUR DRUNK GET A CAB or............

:0a37:

8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC, check out the rivers. Below the dams on the lakes would be great bank fishing.
    Good luck

9. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The place off of 10 Mile Bridge Rd is Vance's Camp. Haven't fished there in years but it used to produce some great fish. There are all sorts of structure and log jams. The road is rough and dont expect it to be easy. My cousin says the fishing is still good but some of the trails towards the spillway are overgrown. If you like gar fishing the spillway will product big this time of year. Let us know how things work out for you.

10. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i mainly go to lavon, some people been tearin it up lately, fishing by the power plant discharge is increadible for sandies rite now, i caught a 30ib carp below the dam, also some big crappie below the dam. not really sure how close you are to that, but good luck

11. Folion

Folion New Member

State:
    tennessee
    hey man
    hey if you go up high way 75 for about 45 min or so you will see a lake called lake texoma. i grew up there and have got many catfish below the dam when the generators are running. and the fishing is really good if they got the flood gates open. the dam is called the Denison dam. it is right on the border with Oklahoma.

good luck man

12. 78kitty

78kitty New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So, are the fish camps private, and do not require fishing licenses?

13. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    Vances camp?? so is it a lake or river? Was wondering how to get to some of the dams on the rivers here. Thanks alot for all the help.

14. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Vance's camp is along a creek that is fed by the Eagle Mountain Lake spillway. It is not very wide but holds lots of fish due to the spillway. The spillway is probably a mile up the creek. If you take the trail that starts by the house/shack, it will follow the creek for about 200 yards and then turn and take you to a dirt road used by the utility company. This road will take you all the way to the spillway. Take about 10 -15 minutes to walk it. I have not fished the spillway in about 10 years so I dont know how overgrown the trails are. The best option is a jon boat with a trolling motor.

15. martomhan

martomhan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for all the info. My g/son lives in Ft Worth, and he loves to fish. Will tell him about these places.:big_smile:

16. mattm

mattm New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats a huge cat in your avatar bumper

17. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    I live in Saginaw and I go to Eagle Mountain Lake. At the dam the is a Big marina on one side and on the other side is a Bar and fishing dock Go to the side where the fishing dock is.When you go across the dam turn left at the stop sigh and take the fist left down to the lake. Its only 3 dollars but the dock is way out in the water. I have caught alot of channel cat and carp. Its also lighted at night .I like it because its close to home and a nice dock:big_smile:

18. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    can you give me general directions there from saginaw? thx

19. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    From Saginaw get on 820 and go right to lake worth get off on 199 go through lake worth across brigde then about 5 miles you will see the signs that say eagle mountain lake/dam

20. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    You guys are lucky to live so close to Eagle Mountain. I fish there with CATFISH GOLD guide Bro. Terry Terry. Just yesterday, he caught a channel that weighed 7.5 pounds, almost a new lake record he tells me. You ought to check out his web site www.creatorsguideservice.com He's a great fellow and can help you with fishing info out that way... good fishing, Luke Clayton