North-south branch of the Yadkin River Junction

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by riddleofsteel, Dec 2, 2006.

1. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I was at the boat landing near the junction of the north and south branch of the Yadkin rivers today. It was next to the pumping station for the City of Salisbury water supply. It looked like a nice section of the river. anyone hunt and/or fish that section?

2. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    David I used to fish that section of water years ago. If you fish the s.yadkin and go up stream you need a smaller boat or a good driver or both. It gets alot of debri in there and it snakes around alot. Not much current in there but I have caught alot of channels in there on worms around current bends and eddies. Some places are narrow and shallow but a smart diver can get through just fine. Just fish near the outside bends in the creek near downed trees and thats a good place to start.Let me know how you do, I need to get back there sometime soon myself.

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a 16x48 Alumacraft with a 13 Hp Scavenger mud motor that my son and I fish out of. Do you think it is suited for that section of the river?

4. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats sounds great you should be able to go where-ever you want to with a boat that size. any mid to small boat will do just fine just be sure everything works good, like engine starts good, plenty of gas, and so on. Remember theres no-one to help out in a small body of water like there is on a lake or large river. Good luck to ya and let me know how you like it.