north end of oologah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pphillips, Aug 5, 2009.

1. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    wow! you guys werent kidding when you said alot of flooded trees. i put in @ double creek...never got out of the lowest setting on my throttle...hit a few trees under water...thot about what boat stands for: Break Out Another Thousand...turned around & went back 2 the ramp---20 minutes.

my questions are: how do you get around all those trees-they dont show up on my sonar until i hit them, & sometimes not even then?

the depth never got above 3 ft--is this area best suited for john boats for the most part? is it deeper other parts of the year?

i saw a guy go tearing by--a blistering 10mph probably--& all i can do is think about how much $ it will take to repair my lower unit. is that normal?

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That place doesnt sound like much fun to me. Good luck finding a better place to put in at

3. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    In the spring with all the rains thier is alot more water around double creek. You just have to be carefull, and learn where the trees are around there. Everytime I go up there durring hunting season,I troll through the first couple of times untill I figure out where all the wood is.

4. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    We had good luck putting in on the east side of Winganon bridge. Caught a lot of fish within 1/2 mile of the ramp and the water is about 6 - 18 foot.
    We didn't get that far north as DBL Crk

Deano

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I fish the North End of Copan and it's a lot like the N end of Oolagah. I run about 1200 rpm about 5 to 6 mph. At this speed you are 4 wheeling over the stumps and trees. Your going fast enough not to get hung up and slow enough not too break anything. You just roll over the trees...make sure you running a good stainless prop.

6. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    thanks, that makes me feel a little better about hitting those trees. i do have a stainless prop. ill hav 2 try that.:big_smile:

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    It takes a little getting use to rolling over all those trees but if you go about that speed you should be fine. Just be careful out there...Oolagah is a big North/South lake and the waves can really get you in trouble quick when your in shallow water, with stumps and trees. I check the forcast and wind conditions for that day before I head out onto a lake that.