North east ohio rivers

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ryansmith714, Sep 21, 2007.

1. ryansmith714

ryansmith714 New Member

State:
    ohio
    does anyone know if the chagrin river is any good for cats?...most of the river that i have seen is pretty narrow and shallow but i havent seen all of it. also can someone tell me any other good rivers to fish up here in north east ohio??
    and finally i have fished lake erie in other areas of ohio but not the cleveland area...is it any good for cats?? thanks

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Maumee has some big flatheads, and alot of them!

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    there is alot of good sized catfish in the chagrin river i fished it alot with my dad when i was a kid but from what i understand all our holes are now priv.propery.....the steelhead should be moving in there soon and in the spring there will be some good pike fishing there....the erie canel has some desent catfishin as well as bluegill and bass i believe they are stockin trout there this year at the parkway in cleveland off of east 49 in newberg....then sandusky bay has excallent cat and white bass and white perch....its been awhile sense i been up north fishing but if i can remember anymore places ill let you know.....ooooooo,rocky river is good also if you fish above the marina in the metro parks trout should be movin in there also