North Dakota vs New Orleans

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bobpaul, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Subject: South Dakota vs. New Orleans

This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western part of South Dakota state after the recent snow storm.

Weather Bulletin

Up here in the Northern Plains we just recovered from a Historic event may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical
    Proportions" with a historic blizzard of up to 44" of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10s of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come....

FEMA did nothing...

No one howled for the government...

No one blamed the government

No one even uttered an expletive on TV

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit

Mayor's did not blame Bush or anyone else

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else either

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snow storm

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards

No one asked for a FEMA trailer house

No one looted

Nobody - I MEAN Nobody demanded the government do something

Nobody expected the government to do anything either

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera

No Sean Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found

And . . . .

Nope, we just melted the snow for water

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families

Families took in the strande! d people - total strangers

Fired up wood stoves

Broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns

We put on an extra layer of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die"

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early . . . we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% most of t! he world's social problems evaporate."

Send This Around. It's Most Interesting - Isn't this the way it's suppose to be. People taking care of their own and others. NOT THE GOVERNMENT

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

That's pretty good, I like that.

Ray

3. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Well said, it is the truth

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i think they should send this to jesse, al ,sean, the so called mayor of new orleans,the crap star that made an ass out of himself on tv standing next to mike meyers and any other sh1tdisturber that was involved in makeing a mess even worse.
    there has been other catastrophies in this country that have not ended up
    in a finger pointing match like this had,and i think that is due to the fact that Nagen was and is a racist punk that fueled a situation by his ignorant mouth on public airwaves plus the fact of alot of deadbeats in this town
    that live by the give-me game and that is what you got a huge fiasco
    that we will be paying for years to come.