Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Your Part - Comply With COVID-19 Restrictions

Addressing the ongoing and unfolding impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic requires unprecedented measures to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. Each and every one of us must all work together to do our part to limit person-to-person contact in our workplaces and in our communities.

Last Friday, Gov. Roy Cooper issued Executive Order 121 (EO121), which instituted a stay at home order and strategic directions for a statewide unified response to the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases in our state. Under EO121, all North Carolinians are directed to stay at home, except as authorized in the Order. Outdoor activities are allowed under EO121; however, individuals MUST, with the full force and effect of law, comply with the following Social Distancing Requirements and Mass Gatherings requirements:

Individuals using shared or outdoor spaces when outside their residence MUST, at all times and as much as reasonably possible, maintain social (physical) distancing of AT LEAST six (6) feet from any other person, with the exception of family or household members.

Further, EO121 prohibits any events or convenings that bring together more than ten (10) persons into a single space at the same time.

Please note that local Emergency Orders may require more stringent standards. Prior to engaging in outdoor activities, check local government Emergency Orders for specific requirements.

Hunting, Fishing, Boating and many other wildlife-associated activities can be accomplished in compliance with those requirements; however, based on field observation from law enforcement and other agency professionals over the past week, many people are disregarding the requirements. Those actions raise the clear and present danger of increased community spread of COVID-19.

This is a time for each of us to work together to be part of the solution and not the problem. We are asking each of you to do your part when using any of our access areas. In order to keep these doorways to North Carolina’s public trust resources open, we are relying on the compliance of every person.

Failure to comply WILL LEAD to CLOSURES of boating and fishing access areas.

Gordon Myers
Executive Director
N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission

COVID-19 Related Closures, Cancellations and Postponements

For the most up-to-date information regarding agency closures, cancellations and postponements, visit the Wildlife Commission's COVID-19 webpage.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,368 Posts
Wish SD would do that. But no, money is more important.

The wife says I have been practicing social distancing for years. Can not stand crowds. Try to do all by myself. We did get out on motorcycle this eve. Closeset we got to any others was at least two car lengths behind us.

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
There have been no confirmed cases in my home county, but for some reason some of my friends and neighbors can't seem to avoid traveling to locations where there have been confirmed cases for less than necessary reasons. I am traveling to a neighboring county this morning to see if I can get some relief from a horrible tooth ache from my dentist but luckily that county is still confirmed case free too. I have came to the conclusion that the only way some folks are going to take this seriously is if they know someone personally who expired.

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
Just got home from the dentist minus one lower jaw tooth, they are doing it right I think, they come into the parking lot and get you when it's your turn, take you just inside the door and ask about your travels and recent illnesses then take your temp. Checkups and cleanings have been rescheduled only folk who are in pain are seen. I was the first seen today and it was obvious they had spent some time before I arrived wiping down all the common areas with I suspect a disinfect. Hope all dental facilities are able to stay open for those suffering and hope they all take such precautions.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
Glad you were able to get it done and by a place that put some thought into it.

Be sure to put that tooth under your pillow. Well maybe not. The tooth ferry is keeping his distance.

tight lines

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
[QUOTE="twaskom, post: 3333292,
Be sure to put that tooth under your pillow.[/QUOTE]

Would have to net $125.00 to break even. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
My wife asked me the other day if I realized all three of the folks I associate with either fish or hunt and maybe I should develop some other interest so I could meet some different folks to play with. I told her I took up golf for the first time last year she said yeah with the same three guys you hunt and fish with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well if anyone else who's fed up with this Covid BS wants to congregate, Piedmont Nonstop is aiming to be a little social network for us. It amazes me that anyone associated with fishing would have been on board with this insanity. Ah well, take care!

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
Nothing like spam floating around don't click it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I mean it won't hurt my feelings if nobody has an interest, but I assure you my intentions are pure. Even though my skills at marketing myself may leave something to be desired haha.

It's hard to find people who are open to genuine connections and kickstarting all of our local communities. The world is just gonna keep crumbling unless we provide an alternative. And this thread alone, is a testament to how fractured every community is. It's my duty to try and serve my own community in any small way I can.

Take care!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts