North Carolina fishing license "whats up?"

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by catfishrus, Jul 3, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    my dads fishing license is running out on the 5 of july this week, so he went to wal mart last friday and bought new ones for the coming year. well the woman at wal mart gave him a license but she said he would have to come back after the 5 and get a new updated license. now is this a case of of dumb dumb at walmart or has the state changed the rules on this? seems crazy to me, to have to go back and get a newer update at no charge with the gas prices like they are its a waste of gas and time. anybody else had this problem?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

When we moved to NC I found out it is easier to order mine on the DNR website. You print your recipt and that serves as your license until you get it in the mail. You can order all the stamps and things you want with it. I have done this two years in a row and have not had any problems.

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The dumb dumb at Wally world does not know whats going on. Any fishing license starts and stops the day of purchase through one years time. Sounds like you went to the Walmart in Salisbury theres an asst. manager female that doesnt know her a-- from a hole in the ground! I always wait till I find the older men back there for help.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i hope this is the case. my dad might have went to salisbury. i always buy mine before my old ones run out and never had a problem like this. i know it didnt make good sense to me. dad said it was a woman that sold him his license.

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    yep...sounds like good ol wally world smarts at work:roll_eyes:

6. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    I've started doing mine online. It's much easier and you don't have to go deal with some trainee who doesn't know what they are doing.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I do mine online. It is just easier and you can renew it easier.

8. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Catrod, you need to call the Wal-Mart district manager and let them know about the bad mgr. I used to work in retail so I know about the politics. Store managers will protect their dept. mgrs. if they like them so you have to talk to district management to get any results or let store management know that you plan to talk to district management soon if the problem isn't corrected and tell the store mgr. that you will tell the dist. mgr. that you talked to the store mgr. and nothing has been done about the problem. You have to put pressure on the store mgr. from the district level to get results. Somebody has to say something or the situation won't change.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i confirmed it with dad. he went to salisbury. all i can figure was if she renew his license last friday he would have lost a few days on his renewal because the license run one year from the time you buy them and his had not run out at the time but it looks like they would have knew that. maybe she was tring to help him who knows? mine are about to run out too and i will try the online renewal and save the gas for fishing plus what ever the wife would have bought if we would have went...lol. thanks for the replies

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Michael, tell your dad to use the North Carolina Wildlife website next time. Online purchase is the only way to go. It's easy and quick, doesn't take ANY gas, and mine arrived in three days. And by the way, for anyone that doesn't know this yet, next year you will have to purchase a NC license for COASTAL fishing. However, LIFETIME fishing licenses purchased before January 1, 2006 will cover coastal waters also, they're grandfathered in.:big_smile: