North Branch Susquehanna

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Skammer, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Going to refresh this topic.

2. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Hit the North Branch with JiggerJim yesterday. We got set up at around 9 AM. I got there first & there was a Egret or white phase Heron feeding along the shore line. He walked right up to me & seemed to have no fear. He finally flew when I walked to the waters edge. He was around the area most of the day & walked right up to me again after dark. During the day we saw a river otter feeding out in the middle of the river. I tried to get a good pic but he was pretty far out & would only stay on the surface for about 2 seconds. I was just able to get a shot of his head when he surfaced. I haven't seen an otter on the river in a lot of years.
    We caught 3 carp & 7 cats during the daylight hours. JiggerJim had the biggest cat at 28 in & 8 lbs. The biggest carp was 33.5 in & 18.5 lbs. Jigger left at dark & I stayed 'till 10.30 but didn't get any hits after dark. I figured if the after dark bite didn't happen by then, it probably wasn't going to happen. Some pics.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Cat-Fishin-9909/9582973_J3wUn#645070310_zbsCX

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Thank you for the pics and report!

Glad to see the Over-The-Hillers are in action!:cool2:

4. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    Nice pics,nice fish. I'v seen 3 otters on the skuke this year, every time i fish the susky i get harassed by beavers. I'll never forget the first time one slapped at me,5 feet from the bank WHOOP SSHPAASH, I damn near jumped out of my boots

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Congrats on the catching Jim!:cool2:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks Skammer for the great report and usual batch of excellent photos! :cool2: Always nice to Jiggerjim in action! :big_smile:

7. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    This is odd, most of the time when I go home the fishin pick's up. :sad2: This time the fishin stoped when I left. :confused2: