North Branch Susquehanna

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by jigerjim, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Yesterday was opening day on the N B of the Suskie for me but the god's werent with me. The river was comeing up real nice (BUT) why to much dabris and flooting ice. At that point it was at 17' and still going up.There some pieces big enough to sit a car on plus some tree's, log's you name it, it was there. I wound up with 1 Sucker about 20", but atleast I was fishin. Today it crested at 23', flood is 27'. The dabris was still there but only blade's of grass and leave's, but not so much that I couldent fish. My total for the day was 4 Channel's all in the 2' bracket. I had many many lite bit's but couldent hook then, I'm not sure but I dont think they were cat's. All the fish were taken on cut up Golden Shinner's I cought though the ice over the winter. So it's offical the season has started up here.

Here's a pix of 3 of them.

Attached Files:

2. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's great to see the Over the Hill Gang Back in Action!

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

You always get them cats when the river is almost at flood stage! :smile2: I gotta wait for that river to come back down for me to fish it this year. Keep them coming jim!:cool2:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go jigerjim! :cool2: I should have known the overthehill gang would be getting on the 2009 scoreboard early! :big_smile:

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Day two, I had to get my truck inspected this morning so I dident get too the river untel mid afternoon. The river was at the same level as yesterday. 23'. I got 6 more channel's the bigest was 27" the rest were about 24". One of the guy's that fishes there is haveing a bad time with the money situation right now so I helped put some fish in his fridg. Atleast I know there going to a guy that need's them. I dident bother to get any pix. maybe the next time. All the fish were taken on cut Shinner's except 1 that was taken on chicken hart's. Nice day, but the weather is going to turn to s--t tonite, so I'm guessing I'll be staying home the next few day's.:sad2::sad2:

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Nice channels Jim:wink::cool2:

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I had another day off so I hit the NB for a few hour's on Fri eve. I fished from 3:00 untel 6:45PM. I think it's a day time event for now. I had fish off and on for the first 2 hour's then it all went dead after 5:00. There were 3 other guy's there had the same result's, nothin after 5. All three fish were taken on cut bait, nothin on chicken part's, I did have a few giggle's on liver but they droped it, My bigest fish was 29" the smallest was 24".

Attached Files:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Channel Cats jigerjim! :cool2: Thanks for posting the pics! :big_smile:

10. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
  11. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I hit the NB agen Sat. The river is going to fast to sute me, it's still nice and dirty but the bite is falling off a bit. I only got two, the bigest was 28". Cut bait is the only thing working, chicken liver just lay's there. I think I let it rest for a few day's. Skammer think's he might be up my way about Wed. Sempa fy where are you?

Attached Files:

12. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Nice work jim, I really enjoy youre posts:cool2:. Keep em comeing, A 20# plus is right around the corner :wink:.

13. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
  14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go jigerjim! :cool2: You are on a early roll! :wink: Those are some real nice Channel Cats! :big_smile: Those Cats are in big trouble once you and skammer join up! :cool2:

15. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
  16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    way to go Jim.

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Jiger is back in ACTION!:cool2:

18. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Skammer and I were out yesterday for the first time together. It was a so so day, I think we had 9 or 10 Cat's all together, Skammer was high hook and had the biggest at 30+" my best was 28". There's no pix right now because Skammer took the pix. and his puter went south the other day. :sad2::sad2: Maybe he'll post them when he up and running agen.:wink:

19. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I can't catch nothing that big on the Mon lately...Must be nice:smile2: