North Branch Susquehanna River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by jigerjim, Feb 4, 2006.

1. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I hit the North Branch this morning in all I cought 10 Channal's from 23 to 28" all on cut bait(Golden Shinner's) The river was a little high and cloudy but just right for Catfish. It's hard to believe how slow they bite, sometime it took as long as 15 min before you could set the hook. I guess as the water worm's up the bite will pick up. The nice thing I had the river to myself. Here a few pix from today.

2. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Those are some nice coldwater channels. You're making me jealous. I was going out this morning, but the river is up 4 foot and raging from all the rain yesterday. Haven't been out since Christmas Eve. Glad to see you're catchin.'

Dennis

3. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice Cats.. Looks like you had a good outing

4. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Great lookin cats Jim!
    It's a good thing you had the day off!

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    jigerjim

Thats a good river for Channel catfish, have you got into any flatheads there yet ? as the commission is pointing out there starting in that river, Nothing against the commission but they will be a blast to catch in that river system, some good areas for them to hold up in. Good luck the rest of the year.

And congratulations on your fish you just caught.

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Deerhunter To my knowledge we have no Flathead's or Blue's up here in North East Pa. I've heard it said just the other day they might be putting some in up here. From what I here they have them in South East Pa. and dont want them. The commission said if you catch them kill them, so I really dont know what to think. My self I hope they do, I'd love to catch one. My first love has allway's been the Smallmouth, but it's changing over to the Cat's more and more every year. I guess I'm getting to old to chase them anymore, so now I'm spending more time sitting along the bank in the shade and watching the day go by.

7. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I hope they get up here in our lifetime. I also like sittin on the bank watchin the day go by & when it does..............I want to get back there & do it again!

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scammer I went out agen today, as soon as I heard I was off today I made up my mind(what little mind I have) To do the river agen. I fished the same place as I did on Sat. but today I got one 28". I should have taken my shanty with me, man it was chilly, I had to sit in the truck most of the time. I dident get any pix, just dident feel like breaking out the camera.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    jigerjim - great job catchin' those Channel Cats! Looks like ice fishin' weather has returned again. I was getting ready to give the local river a try for Cats after reading your success stories but the water will be icing over again with the cold weather that has moved in on us.