North Branch Susquehanna River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by jigerjim, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Everybody is talken about spring Catfishin, My question is what's wrong with right now? The Suskie jumped 4' over the weekend and picked up a heave stain, but I though I'd give it a shot anyway. I only landed 1 Cat 26" and I missed 2 other's. I was hopeing for a better day but it wasent to be. Bait of the day was cut bait, nothing on Chicken liver. Two week's ago Semper fi and Skammer fished the same place and got about 40 Cat's. They are there you just have to wait them out.

2. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    it's true, the channels are there. it's not so much a matter of fish as a matter of time. in all seriousness i would gladly go a few hours with no action just to get one good catfish. i love catching them. they're my fish. but i know in the spring i probably won't have to. with my commitments i can only fish one night a week at most. if it's a dead night, i may have to wait another two weeks. so a loaded bite is always welcome. bring on spring.:big_smile:

3. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish ,jigerjim

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    jigerjim - Nice Channel Cat! Thanks for posting the report and photo!:0a31: I need to get out real bad but I've been bogged down at work since New Years. Hope I can get out this weekend!

5. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    Thanks for the photo, fish always got to eat!!!!!!!

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Skammer, my finger is tired from clicking on all them pix. It's hard to beleve that most guy's give up catfishin in the winter isent it. One of the nice thing's about this time of the year is it is a daytime event. Gentleman hour's, no stombling around in the dark. I love it.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Skammer - Those are some real nice Channel Cats!:worship: :worship: :worship: A 30" is a real whopper!:smile2: Congrats on the catch and thank you for posting the pics!:0a31: Oh yeah, I'm curious about the tri-pod rod holder in the pics. Where did you find them at and how much do they cost. It looks like a real nice setup.

8. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Scott, Cabelas has those tripod rod holders for $19.99

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice channels guys. I too can't wait until spring.

Those channels are monsters compared to the ones out here. Light in color too!!

I always heard the yellows taste better than the dark ones.

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Guys thank you for the pics! Its great to see that someone is catching fish! im going to have to go get my new liscense and get out there!

11. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    The tri pods belong to Semper FI & tbartek is probably right about Cabela's.

12. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Here are two pics of one I got back in august 5th of last year. He was 32 inches & 13 1/2 lbs. My biggest so far.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/photos/86273228-M.jpg

http://skam232.smugmug.com/photos/86273227-M.jpg

This one was caught 9/11/06 & was 31 inches & 12 lbs.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/photos/94859512-M.jpg

This is my second year doing a lot of catfishin on the North Branch & I had the best year ever. I hope someday the flatheads will make it up our way.

13. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Skammer your the King of the cat's on the North Branch. We should hook up some day. Looks like we might be on top by the weekend.

14. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I hope yer right James! I haven't put the top on my Fish Trap yet & haven't ordered any waxies. All the warm weather has taken most of the frost from the ground & I am wondering if this next cold snap will be enough to make some hard water.

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks foe Shareing Skammer,Looks like to Me You Fellas hit the MOTHER LOAD ! Congratulations. J.D.:byebye: :0a31: :worship: :worship: :worship: