North Branch Susquahanna 2010

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by jigerjim, Jan 27, 2010.

1. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    After Mon. rain the river went to flood stage, the good thing about this is it washed all the ice off the bank's. With the ice fishing on hold for a few day dew to weak edeges I though I'd hit the river for some cat's. There still was some trash flooting around but not that bad that I couldent fish. It only took about 20 min's befor I got my first hit, that turned out to be a 24" er, than the other rod started to jump, I mised that one. Well to make a long story short I wound up with 6 Cat's on the bank in 4 hour's fishing. The other two were both 29" one weighed 10 lb's the other was 11 lb's. I dident take pix. of the other Cat's they were all in the 24 to 25" bracket. It was a cold a$$ day but well worth it. 2010 season is off and running.

Attached Files:

2. Romo

Romo New Member

State:
    PA
    Wow those are some quality cats! Especially for January!

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  4. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    Excellent cats Jim WTG!

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

:shock:Great Job JIM! Man I'm getting jelious with these channels being caught in the 10-11 lb range in january and i'm not fishing for channels! I gotta get my @$$ in gear and get my line wet and my boots muddy!:shock::highfive:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's only January and the Over-The-Hillers are already given them hell!

Quality channel especially for winter. Reps!

7. Great job guys! Nice to see I wasn't the only one out there taking advantage of that flood water bite!:handshake:

8. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Great start of the year Jim. You are now the president of " The Over The Hill Gang" I'm impressed! I knew you'd be out as soon as the ice cleared. It was a cold windy day & gotta give you credit for braving it! At 75 yrs young, there's not a hitch in your git-a-long!:good::good:

9. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Day two I had that same problem agen today, where to go and what to go for. My choice was Catfishin agen. Seeing how the weather was going south agen I though I'd better go catfishing because it'll probley freeze over agen. I only got about 2 hour's in before the weather really went down hill, but in that time I managed 5 cat's, the smallest was 20" the biggest was 28" I only got 2 pix. because I wasent ready with the camera on the first one, the last 2 were taken back to back both rod going at the sametime it was I could do just to get them and back in the water before they froze up. (I hate when that happen's):Mad:

Attached Files:

10. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Toad where you been hidding??? It's good to see your still around. You should stop around sometime, it's not like your that far away. (LOL)

11. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    Great fish Jim!

12. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    WTG Jim keep on pounding 'em.

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I can't wait until retirement!:laugh1:

Thanks for pics and story!

14. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Good job jim with the cats AGAIN. And Tan whats retirement? I'm 22 by the time i'll be able to retire I will be 95.

15. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    The susky cats tremble at his approach LOL Way to go Jim great pics. Wish we could coax cats out of the Allegheny this time of year.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    wow those are nice channels Jim, you never disappoint my friend. congrats.

17. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Good job again Jim! I don't know how you got into the "Over The Hill Gang" You ain't over the hill yet!:highfive: