North American Fishing Cub?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by stinkbaitman, Feb 22, 2008.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    hey is this a good thing to do or is it just dumb. i dreally like to do it but it almost sounds too good to be true where they send you equipment in the mail and you keep it free?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, but it sounds too good to be true and if it sounds that way it generally is.

3. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IM A MEMBER OF THE NORTH AMERICAN FISHING CLUB ABD YES IF YOUR NAME IS PICKED, THEY SEND A ITEM FOR YOU TO TEST .
    THEN YOU FILL OUT A FORM TELLING HOW THE ITEM WORKED OR DIDN'T WORK. YOU CAN TEST ONE ITEM PER YEAR. AND YES YOU GET TO KEEP IT.
    THEY DECIDE WHAT YOU WILL TEST.
    THE WEB SITE HAS A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION ON IT, JUST LIKE THE BOC.
    ELWOOD:roll_eyes:

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    The North American Fishing Club and it's sister magazine The North American Hunting Club have less to do with fishing and hunting than they do making money. That is not a criticism just a fact. As with any business they are out to make a profit. There is no doubt that some folks do get stuff to test but I was one of the first members of the N.A.F.C and was in it for well over 10 years and never received anything to test so don't hold your breath.
    The magazine is OK but as with most angling publications, their catfish features are conspicuous by their rarity in relation to all the other popular species.
    I finally became so fed up with them sending me junk mail and constant invitations to take advantage of being "specially selected" for life membership that I canceled my membership.
    J.M.H.O...W

5. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I AGREE IOO o/o .i have tested three produces in the last 5 years.
    they are interested in money and and do not have much to sy about catfishing or crap fishing. that is below their standards.
    the only reason im still there is ohio state chapter.

ellwood

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    That was exactly my experience. It wasn't a bad thing, but they drove me away with their marketing.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I tried it a long time ago and never recieved anything to test but gave up on it. They also have the Handyman thing going on and just the other day I got the National Street Machine Club in the mail, I don't think I'll join any of those.
    They all say the same thing, they will send you things to test and keep but not worth it in my book.
    :wink:

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I also was a member when they first came out. Probably for three or four years. I never received anything to test but never really expected too. I just got it for the magazine which wasn't all that great. Two weeks ago I received an offer from fishing, hunting and the home improvement one all in the same week. Trashed them before opening.

9. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm a life member, true, I've only recieved a couple of items to test in the 10+ years I've been a member now, but I'm also an all around avid angler. I love fishing for cats, but I'm a fisherman through and through and love catching big flier(7"), redfin pickeral(7-10") as I do big cats! And I love anything about fishing, be it articles on bass, walleye, pike, or something I've never even caught before like the larger palagic species like marlin or wahoo. I joined because I'm a fisherman, not because I'm a catfisherman. Otherwise I'd have looked for the North American Catfishing Club. lol Just my penny, penny though...

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Personally to me it's a joke.I am a Life Member and if I had of found the BOC first I wouldn't of spent no 263.00 for the life membership.Not worth it in my book.I could of saved all that money and donated 10 a mo to the BOC and been better off and a lot happier. only thing I ever got as books I didn't want,The magiz not that great and the only thing I ever got to try out was small hooks and Bass worms.Hooks would be ok for catching bluegill I suppose.
    My opinion is save your money you'll be alot happier.Or just give the BOC,$10 bucks a month,help out a great site and would be cheapier.When I joined them it was 12.50 per month don't know what it is now. Every one has thier own opinion and just is JMHO !!

11. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi

This is true. To bad my dad bought me a Life Membership for my birthday two three years ago -.-. Alwell my mom just throws the junk mail away for me for now haha

12. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I have been a member for 18 months,I wish I had saved my money for gas,all the products they sell are priced about 3 times two high,save your money.:wink:

13. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I'm in the process of being one myself and will finish it off this year. I can not leave it cos I have a fishing family this just as I have you all as a family on here, as long as I'am part of a family here. ;)