North American Arms Revolvers

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 24, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Who all has one (or more) of these?

I currently have a .22 LR w/ a 1 inch barrell, but I'm thinking of getting the .22 Mag w/ a 2 inch barrell (Black Widow) or maybe even the 4 inch .22 Mag (Mini Master).

Here is a pic of my current one, sitting by a quarter. Boy it almost jumps out of your hand w/ CCI Stingers! :big_smile:

[​IMG]

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sure a neat little pistol!
    No, we don't have any that size.

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I carry one just like it, it like a pocket knife, I never leave home with out it..:big_smile:
    One thing to think about..if you go to the magnum, all you will gain it alot of extra pop fire and kick.. but really no advantage..the bullet speed of the LR and the Mag. are the same in these little guns because the barrel length is too short..on the magnums the powder doesnt have enough barrel to burn all the powder therefore a bunch of it goes out the end of the barrel.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    What kind of safety do they have, if any?

Where do you wear it at, ankle strap?

5. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    It has no safety, Its a 5 shooter so I always keep the hammer on a empty cylinder, It also has slots cut into the cylinder between the cartridge holes that acts like a safety, your hammer rest in these slots..in case you drop it it should no go off by the impact of the hammer striking the ground..I have on occasion when I had 5 bullets in the gun put the hammer in the slots only to have it somehow rotate enough to let the hammer rest on the bullet..since then I only load 4, about 3 years ago when I was taking all my junk out of my pockets, pistol, knives, keys, change, I pulled the gun out and it was fully cocked, I cannot imagine how I did this but it was sure nuff scarry thinking of what could have happened.. now I have a unconscious habit of checking it 20-30 times a day to make sure its not cocked..it has never happened again..thank goodness..

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Keith.

I like the design, and wouldnt mind having one just to plink with.

...... Hmmmmmmm

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Keith is absolutely right about the barrel length and powder burn rates. There's not enough barrel to burn the extra powder the magnum cartridge has. It does however kick a hell-of-alot more! I shot the magnum one day while shooting my 44 mag. With the tiny grip and the mag cartridge, there wasn't alot of difference in felt recoil from the 44. These were intended for very close in "OH S#@$" weapons. The standard 22lr cartridge has enough "umph" to do what it was intended to do. Get rounds in them to distract them, and get the hell away from the attacker! I want one myself, but just never got one. I'm big enough that the beretta tomcat fits in my pockets just fine.

8. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    There is no plinking with these lil guys.. you cant hit the broad side of a barn with one.. I caught a coyote in a dirt hole set one year and had somehow left my browning pistol in the truck, I pulled out my NAA and fired 4 shots at the coyote from near point blank range.. aiming at the head.. after the fourth shot i went and got my Browning and shot it in the head..while skinning it I found the four holes all in the very top of the 'yotes back..about a foot and a half from where I was aiming.. he never flinched..about all these are good for is to scare away someone, or to stick it in their gut and pull the trigger..:wink:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's very bad!
    Wife was wanting one until we read your post.
    I told her she better stick with her hammerless Lady Smith, she agreed.
    It's safe, even in her purse with all her stuff!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I carry mine, I have it in a little pocket holster.

Thanks for the info about the barrell size and the .22 Mag guys. Have you seen the 4 inch "Mini Masters". Those in 22 Mag would be neat.

I was also surprised to hear about the lack of accuracy. I can out all 5 rounds in a pie plate from 15 feet or so. I know thats nothing to brag about, but given its a one inch barrell, I'll take it. :big_smile:

11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mine does about the same. Ten yards pie plate no problem. I carry it in Paraguay. Great country. I am an alien there and still get to own guns, buy hunting licences, get a concealed and carry permit. Its like living in VA.:wink:

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Will it get bigger when it grows up?
    :wink:

13. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    beleive it not,I was checking some dozer work on my pond today and had a snake come swimming down the bank towards me..I pulled her out and emptied it and of course the snake kept going..haha,..it did ring my ears good though.. I think one reason I cant hit crap with it is my hands are toooo big for it..I just cant get a good hold to do any aiming..

14. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I have one in 22LR,I've been carrying it like a pocket knife (no hoster) in my pocket fully loaded with the hammer in a safty slot for almost 10 years with no problem.I have hit beer cans at 20 ft with it but one day I tried to shoot a rat at 3 ft and missed.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just an FYI: but they do make a decent larger grip. In fact the entire gun folds into the grip.

Attached Files:

• hg1.jpg
      hg1.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
  16. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have though about one of those grips but said to my self..self..if you are ever in a spot that you have to pull this on some one..do you want to be fooling around getting the grip un hinged or pulling it out of your pocket all ready cocked and ready..

17. flatbottom

flatbottom New Member

State:
    Lamar, Arkansas
    Although I don't own one I've always thought they would make a great last resort piece to carry in addition to my regular carry guns.

18. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Have two of the 22 LR,22 Mag.dual cylinder models.One for me and one for wife.I got them when the dual cylinders first came out many years ago and have carried them ever since.I carrie in holsters,pockets and on cord around my neck.I found that the 22 mag.cylinder is well worth it as the mag shot shells carry more shot to use when or if needed.I also carry a Charter 44 special along with a double barrel and a single barrel 410/long colt 45 pistols from Ducktown,Tn.I have carried all at once when I thought there was a good chance of needing them.I had no trouble concealing any or all of them and have been well satisfied with all for many years.I would buy all of them again.I have small hands.I believe that the larger your hands are the harder it is to hold and shoot these little guns.I formed this opinion by many others shooting mine over the years.I and my wife have small hands and do much better shooting it and hitting what we shoot at than large hand folks.That little 105 lb.,5'7" woman handled the recoil and shot my 44 mag.Ruger Blackhawk,Kliengunther in 300 Weatherby,and "un ported" Mossberg 835.Now that "Hill Billy" has been shooting most of her life and that make a difference.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

19. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    PeeWee, years ago I had the snake eyes derringer from Leinad.
    Couldn't hit a 3L bottle at 10', but everybody at the range knew went it went off.
    Had to use a couple of times on copperheads. If I ever get the money again, I'm going to pick up another one of those hand cannons.

Will :004:

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bryan I have the 22 short ,the l.r. and the mag . would like to have the blk. widow